8 weeks post RTHR, back to work

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all,

I'm new here but have read a lot! I appreciate all of the information and definitely dont feel alone anymore!

I started back to work today...half time for two weeks. I have a desk job. After sitting today for 4 hours (I got up several times to walk), I'm having some pretty deep pain right in the bend of my hip.

Any suggestions on how to avoid this or ideas of how long this will last? (It doesn't help that I really dislike my job and was so much happier while on leave).

Thank you!!

Sorry if I've duplicated any posts.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Probably your hip flexor muscles. They get very sore and stiff if you have to sit a lot. Pilates or yoga really helps but you have to work at it. Good luck. 

Ann

• Posted

Yes you will be stiff even though you are standing and walking periodically. I found hydrotherapy helped as well as tai chi and Pilates ( adapted  to post op)

Additionally is your seat/desk set up correctly for you

• Posted

Suggestion— find a job you like.  Put much of your off work focus into changing careers 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.