8 weeks tomorrow since pelvicfloor repair and still got stiches

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi to everyone, well its 8 weeks tomorrow since i had the operation and removal of my coil as it was stuck . bearing up okay but still have pains in my right side after i walk for a bit and the stiches inside have not dissolved yet i thought they would have by now . have to keep resting a lot if go out shopping husband carrys it all but can only manage 40 mins then i get sore downbelow . has anyone else felt like thaT. I thought i would be more healed by now . Makes me a bit down as still cant do much i know it will now take longer to heal. just a wee bit fed up . really needed to talk to you all as you know how things are going and have been either through this or going through it . How long do you think it will take to dissolve these stiches and for me to feel a lot better x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi x sorry to hear you are feeling so

Rubbish ?? I still had stitches at 12 weeks. They gave me HRT pessaries to aid in the healing.

I really didn’t start to feel myself until around week 10 and I started to have a bit more energy. I couldn’t lift my toddler very much and just felt rubbish like I would never feel well in myself again. I started walking at ten weeks to get my energy back up and went back to work at 12 weeks. I feel better now and back to my self but don’t think I will be doing any gym classes or running like I used to for a few more months.

Just listen to your body , I know it’s hard and you start to feel miserable but a few more weeks and you can start to get strong again xx take care and it’s a major operation to go through.

(And make the most of getting things done for you) I’m not enjoying having my ironing to do again 😂

• Posted

hi vicky thanks for that i just didnt realise the stiches would take that long and thought the pain would go to but i feel better speaking to you . ive been doing a very small half hour walk or walking while hubby shops but not overdoing it . but think i may have overdid it yesterday as today hasnt b een great at all. and certainly will be no more gym classes for me thanks again vicky xxx
    • Posted

It does get you down feeling so restricted x the stitches didn’t really bother me but did my husband 😲  as he soon found out 😵 😂

If any more uncomfortable pain I would just see if you can get checked out and reassured . They don’t tell you much about recovery 🤷???

I just found this group really helpful.

Take care xxx 

• Posted

For me my stitches lasted 12 wks after tvh and anterior repair. Didn't bother me to be honest. I felt well in myself hun.x

• Posted

i seem to be having a problem with the right side where they fixed the bladder but as the weeks go on i hope it will sort itself out i also have osteoporosis in hips so i suppose that isnt helping either  at least im off painkllers now and doing a small walk each day. but today i have had pains in back and front as well maybe i just did a little to much yesterday . hopefully a few weeks and should feel better thanks xxx
  • Posted

some of my stitches dropped out after 3 weeks .walking causes me the same pain as yourself .everyones recovery time is different im 7 weeks on friday since the op .im going to go back to work in 2 weeks time basically for financial reasons .hope you recover fully soon best wishes x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.