8 year old bad cough since november

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hiya my daughter is 8 and she as had a bad cough since november she has had three different antibiotics and a chest xray last week 6days ago showed changes to the airway tubes in middle of her chest she as dark circles under her eyes sometimes she is pale and looks tired she has become emotional moody and crys over everything she has had chest pain and times were she cant breath proper this week she has started being sick when coughing either food or what i can only describe as white foamy spit or she heaves she has like coughing fits at night during day when shes doing excercise or when shes just sitting she has to go back doctors in two weeks just wondering of anybody else or their child as had anything similir and what the outcome was thanks doctor said she hasnt got asthma

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Omg did I have a hard time with 2 of my children and asthma, infections spent 22 days in the hospital with one.  So I feel your pain.  I read some wear foamy spit or mucus could be gerd.  A lot of asthmatic children have acid reflux.  Which of course causes chest pain and for a child trying to sleep with heart burn is hell. Also does your daughter hiccup sometimes or a lot during the day.?    I don,t know what tests your dr is doing but I would also have her checked for anemia since she is so pale.  Keep your hopes up that this is just a bad year and she recovers quickly.
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply doctor said she doesnt have asthma because shes not wheezy hes confused because her chest sounds clear but the cough is horrible its like a smokers cough sounds really chesty he hasnt really mentioned what it could be he just said on the xray the tiny tubes in middle of her chest or the rong shape and swollen or something like that i do try not to worry but she isnt herself as in her moods and she constantly gets upset and everyone always says to her are you tired you look tired n its horrible isnt it seeing them poorly and my sister had hodgkins lymphoma she battled it for 7years before she died and she started of with a bad cough so think that makes me panic more i will ask the doctor over acid reflux as sometimes when she is having a coughing fit and she heaves it sounds like she is burping at the same time she doesnt hiccup tho n i will ask him over a bloodtest for anemia thank you again for your reply hope your children dont have any more hard times with their asthma
    • Posted

There fine now, years of hell but all three are grown 27,24,21 the girl that gave me so much worry is fine.  Can be a bit of a bitch but they all out grew there chest problems.  I am sure your little girl will be fine just keep doing what your doing and bug that dr to do his damdist to make sure that little girl does not live in pain.  I wish you all the best😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.