8 Years Smoke Free Christmas Day

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I just realised I had forgotten something so important it changed my life, I smoked my last cigarette Christmas Day 10 past 9 in 2009, were did those years go, I hope that anyone setting out on the same journey will use this site to help them travel this road, it will seem as though there's no end to it, but there is I promise, before you know it, your breath will be fresher, your clothes and bed and house want stink of it and your breathing will become easier, I will offer my support to you in this process if you need it, I quit with the support of the no smoking day forum, without I would never have become a non smoker, it was the predecessors to this site, I want say this sites as good because I personally don't think it is, but its still a site where you can get much needed help and a form of comradeship, so come and rant or tell us how great your doing.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Many congratulations on 8 years quit Alexandria. You should feel so proud of yourself.

I think that for many people, that sense of comradeship is very important. It can be a rather lonely battle to face on your own. Non-smokers couldn't understand and they think you should be over it in a couple of days. If only!

I'm so glad I found this site.

• Posted

Thanks Sue, yes its really important to have backup, even if its strangers, I think strangers don't judge us the same and they do know what we are having to deal with , even if its 4 in the morning

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.