Skip to content
Ad

Smoking

All discussions in this group

Next
  • 6 days smoke free HELL. Any advice.

I had to stop smoking 6 days ago, due to a chest cold, that turned into a very nasty chest infection. In 36 years I have never had a infection like it. I didn't want to quit but it made sense, I have now reached 6 days cold turkey. And it's hell, I do not have cravings that come and go they are...

Last reply
  • CHAMPIX. 7 WEEKS ON AND ITS BECOME HELL.

Started on the champix 7 weeks ago and at first i was so happy with the tablet, it made giving up so easy for me, Yes i had you used a little will power at times and had a few days where it nagged me mad, i think that was about 3 weeks in. the last 4 weeks have been hell at night as i am having 3 perhaps...

Last reply
  • Wow

Hi everyone I'm on day 16 on champix, I stopped on day 8, I've had no craving for a ciggy, although I find these tablets amazing, I would be lying if I said wish I didn't need them, they make me fuzzy headed, sleep deprived, the weird dreams have stopped but the restless sleep continues....

Last reply
  • Trying to quit smoking with a vape, advice?

Hi all, I’ve decided to give my vape another go. The issue I have is I can’t find a decent flavour juice to help! I usually smoke Sterling or B&H dual. So any flavours that aren’t just mint? Also, I find myself not able to get a satisfying pull from my vape. It’s really frustrating as I want to...

Last reply
  • First day on champix

Hi, just wanting some advice, decided to finally kick this bad habit of mine, not just for myself but for my family and bank balance. Just wondering how long does it take to not want to smoke? I am a heavy smoker unfortunately like 20 a day, will the champix help with mental sode of things along with...

Last reply
  • Quit Smoking Tip

I have recently quit after massive smoking for 20 years and the tip is every day u face a breaking point for a moment thinking one last smoke. U have to control that point of time just for 5 seconds

Last reply
  • Quit 60 days ago still feel dreadful

Took champix at first for a week, had side effects so stopped, still quit smoking and have now been 60 days without a cigarette. I feel terrible. I thought there may be a glimmer of feeling better, but no ! Tired all the time, sleeping 7 hours at night and a couple of hours in day, feel tired all the...

Last reply
  • Champix…how long does the vomiting go on

This is my 1st time on champix & I'm on day 19, of the 1mg tablets, twice daily & from around day 4 cut down to 1-2 fags, then totally stopped on day 14, but within an hour of taking the morning dose I vomit almost constantly & again in the evening. I've also started to get diarrhoea...

Last reply
  • Can't stop thinking

A couple of days ago I tried a cigarette, only 3 puffs the first two were nothing then once I properly smoke it I coughed, i didn't like it and I'm never gonna smoke AGAIN! However when I first started I thought holy mother of god I've screwed up my lungs, yah no hypochondriac sort of stuff,...

Last reply
  • Need help passing a nicotine screening

I have to take a nicotine screening for a new job, I vape 1 18 mg bottle a week, and have only hit a few times in the last 24 hours and am stopping completely today, and drinking a gallon of water since yesterday, until I take the test which may be Friday, should I do something else or would I pass the...

Last reply
  • I've begun a journey I'm determined to continue.

I'm just entering week 5 of quitting cigarettes, I've kept my journey fairly quiet, I don't want people asking 'bet you're really craving a cigarette now, aren't you?' I feel great, I can take a deeper breath than I did, without the crackle. I've binned everything smoking...

Last reply
  • Dizzynes and patches

I quit smoking seven days ago.and have been feeling dizzy and very weak.is this normal withdrawal or could it be a side effect of the patches

Last reply
  • Overeating after quit smoking

Before I quit smoking I weighed in at 130 pounds. Since I quit, I've gained 32 pounds. I have never eaten so much junk in my life. Sometimes I'm not even Hungry, just bored and I eat. I am eating more chocolate then usual. I cannot seem to have the self control to stop. I need help. I haven't...

Last reply
  • Need help quitting smoking, how did you do it?

The title pretty much explains it all. I need to quit smoking, but using something like Chantix (USA) isn't an option for me due to other health issues. I'm considering cold turkey, but that's going to be very hard. So, how did you quit, and what nicotine withdrawal effects did you have?...

Last reply
  • quitting smoking

Has anyone ever heard of these nicotine filters that go on your cigarettes? Im on the patch..day one for the 20th time at least. But now im wondering if this is what i want to do but these filters are suppose to help the ones that aren't quite ready

Last reply
  • Recovering sense of smell after quitting smoking

Has anyone recovered his sense of smell after quitting smoking? I am not talking about smelling cigarette smoke more but a definite improvement such as smelling grass, trees, flowers that might have been diminished or lost after years of smoking.

Posted
  • can 12 month out of date nicotine patches be harmful?

After quitting smoking 3 years ago I stupidly started again a month ago, the old addict philosophy I can stop anytime I want, whirled around my head, 4 weeks on im still buying cigarettes and back up to 20 a day! Its that mental battle again but I have a stock of patches left with use by date from 2013,...

Last reply
  • Stop Smoking

I have now stoped smoking 1 week today. It has been hard but I am trying. I am determined to succeed

Last reply
  • On my second week taking champix

this is my second try taking champix really hoping I can do it this time. Last time I gave up for 4 months and stupidly thought I could just have a couple on a night out! How wrong was I. 

Posted
  • Hey Everyone I found something great that helps

Hey everyone and docs I found something super on ITunes that is helping better than anything I have ever used to help quit smoking and it's called You Can Do It 123 Easy. Docs you should tell your patients about it seriously it's really great

Last reply
  • I stopped smoking cig's Monday

i am using a E-Cig with a bit lower dose of nicotine  but having side effects..... tired cravings  Dont get it thought with using a E cig it would help allot with those issues  Andy ideas?

Last reply
  • Hip Replaced-PT Stron Dislike of Smoking

Have had a knee And 2 hips replaced .The PT Im seeing for therapy just stressed how important it was not to smoke.There is more Avascular Necrosis from the vasoconstriction caused by cigarettes.Another good reason for me not to smoke.

Posted
  • Quitting smoking

Has anyone out there quit smoking cold turkey and NOT gained weight. That's my very poor but real excuse for continuing this horrible habit. ??

Last reply
  • Has anyone experienced this -Please any advice

I have quit my E-Cig now this is my 3rd day and last night in bed it was horrendous, I had terrible pains and needles in my arms , I just couldn't sleep I also suffer with health anxiety and started to panic I was having a heart attack. Is this normal when giving up nicotine !!!! Please any advice...

Last reply
  • 7 Years Christmas Day

Well at last I found the site, I can't believe they moved it without even sending me an email. So to anyone out there who knows me!! I don't think there will be anyone but hey worth a shot. I was quit 7 years Christmas day, so I feel like I have achieved a fair old time scale now, yes there has...

Last reply
  • Tempted after 8 months

So preop for surgery on1/3. All labs have been done so should not have to worry about that and just tempted to have 1.Im afraid though that 1 will lead to another.Its that stupid mind game we tend to play.We cando it right,just 1 or 2,no big deal.I can hear myself getting sucked back in.Yuk

Last reply
  • Chewing

About 3 weeks ago I stopped chewing tabacco and have felt awful since, the doctors think I have anxiety but I'm not sure that is the case. I have been experiencing some very odd symptoms such as anxiety, shortness of breath, pounding heartbeat, tiredness, depersonalization loss of appetite, some...

Posted
  • Relapsed

Hello I quit smoking 6 weeks ago and since I quit all I've had is severe anxiety and panic attacks..I've Bin on so many different medications for it and nothing seems to be working accept giving me bad side effects..well all of a sudden I started craving cigarettes and now I'm back smoking...

Last reply
  • Last Cigarette Sunday

Had my last cigarette Sunday I know quitting is no easy task. I quit years ago and succeeded going cold turkey,it was difficult .Two years ago i thought I'd never pick up another cigarette thought it was archaic, I thought I was beyond it.Damn I was wrong ,this time its for good.Lets battle you...

Last reply
  • Champix

:D Hi i have been taking champix for 4 days now and the results are great so far. I had set my quit day for Monday 30.04.2007 but today 25.04.2007 i have not had one and don't want one, so i'm going to see how i go. If i do this i will be so happy for my self and my family. so if any of you...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.