Skip to content

Smoking

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Heart problem and smoking

Hi... i havr heart problem but dr or cardiologist said i have anxiety. I smoke and i know its dangerous for heart. But i cannot quit it. I need your help to quit smoking. I live in Pakistan and here is no anti smoking products or tablets. When i walk and take rest my heart going to sinking badly …

Last reply
  • Wow

Hi everyone I'm on day 16 on champix, I stopped on day 8, I've had no craving for a ciggy, although I find these tablets amazing, I would be lying if I said wish I didn't need them, they make me fuzzy headed, sleep deprived, the weird dreams have stopped but the restless sleep …

Last reply
  • Quit 60 days ago still feel dreadful

Took champix at first for a week, had side effects so stopped, still quit smoking and have now been 60 days without a cigarette. I feel terrible. I thought there may be a glimmer of feeling better, but no ! Tired all the time, sleeping 7 hours at night and a couple of hours in day, feel tired all …

Last reply
  • Shortness of breath

I guess I don't want to go straight to the doctor because of the 'just stop' advice that I feel is all they can really say, but anyway here's my problem..  I'm 22 and have been smoking since I was about 16. Back then only a couple a week and at most over these years I have …

Last reply
  • First day on champix

Hi, just wanting some advice, decided to finally kick this bad habit of mine, not just for myself but for my family and bank balance. Just wondering how long does it take to not want to smoke? I am a heavy smoker unfortunately like 20 a day, will the champix help with mental sode of things along …

Last reply
  • Quit Smoking Tip

I have recently quit after massive smoking for 20 years and the tip is every day u face a breaking point for a moment thinking one last smoke. U have to control that point of time just for 5 seconds

Last reply
  • Quit smoking/ Bad heart palps

I quit smoking 2 weeks ago and I am experiencing really bad heart palps or pvc’s. I have always had heart palps from anxiety and so on but not nearly as often as these. Anyone else experience or are experiencing this?

Last reply
  • Can't stop thinking

A couple of days ago I tried a cigarette, only 3 puffs the first two were nothing then once I properly smoke it I coughed, i didn't like it and I'm never gonna smoke AGAIN! However when I first started I thought holy mother of god I've screwed up my lungs, yah no hypochondriac sort of …

Last reply
  • Mind games

Hi All I’m on day 4 of not smoking !! I’ve smoked for 38years I’m ashamed to say and tried many times to give up the deadly weed. It’s the mind games I struggle with atm, I need words of encouragement peeps , please tell me it gets easier x

Last reply
  • Champix…how long does the vomiting go on

This is my 1st time on champix & I'm on day 19, of the 1mg tablets, twice daily & from around day 4 cut down to 1-2 fags, then totally stopped on day 14, but within an hour of taking the morning dose I vomit almost constantly & again in the evening. I've also started to get …

Last reply
  • 50 year smoker just smoked last cigarette

Yes, 50 years. It's ruined my life. Tried for the last 20 years to stop, but .......... I know the drill by now. I WILL do this. I want my few remaining years to be FREE. I've done all my preparations. Bottled water, herbal teas, reasons to quit. All ready. I've no support. Please wish …

Last reply
  • Quit smoking 3 weeks ago after 10 years smoking

So I quit smoking 3 weeks ago cold turkey but don't have a clue what the symptoms and withdrawal feels like. Can someone please fill me in if they know? All I know is I've had headaches real bad, sweats and feeling so rough... I get cravings especially after eating. Have taken a drag or …

Last reply
  • Overeating after quit smoking

Before I quit smoking I weighed in at 130 pounds. Since I quit, I've gained 32 pounds. I have never eaten so much junk in my life. Sometimes I'm not even Hungry, just bored and I eat. I am eating more chocolate then usual. I cannot seem to have the self control to stop. I need help. I haven& …

Last reply
  • Champix

I’m on day 14 of Champix. I quit smoking a few days ago, which is good. I feel awful, which is bad. I’m nauseous pretty much all the time, and it seems to be getting worse.( not easy as I’m a chef).  I’m not sleeping well, very restless and uncomfortable. I can cope with these symptoms but …

Last reply
  • I can’t sleep I think I have Oropharyngeal cancer please help

I have a discomfort every time I swallow there is something of a mass o feel blocka me from swallowing which makes it harder I also feel whatever is in the back of my throat produces this sticky stuff it mixes wih my saliva I also have tonsil stones and right side of that area of feel a bump   …

Posted
  • Left lung problems, please tell me it's not cancer

I'm 24 and smoked since I was 12. Have been a pretty heavy smoker for the past 4 years. Smoking about a pack, sometimes more a day. Since December (3 months ago) I developed this congestion in my left lung (felt more like left side of throat at first) that had me constantly clearing my throat …

Last reply
  • Share your experience after you quit smoking

I know each day One of every one of us had quit smoking in this entire world. No matter where you from, who you are, Let's share our difficult times during the quitting process. Each of us has different difficulties during the process of quitting, Some of us had no symptoms at all, some of …

Last reply
  • Anyone found it easy to quit smoking?

Hi Guys, i have previously quit before and found it pretty easy from day one, the odd cravings over the first couple of days but nothing i found hard to manage, i more or less felt like a non smoker from day one because I'd gotten into a good mindset and convinced myself i was already a non …

Last reply
  • I'm worried if I have lung cancer. Any thoughts?

Hey, I'm 15 years old. (Sorry for the young age.) I've been exposed to second-hand smoke for about 3-4 hours in total. My breath is becoming shorter, including with ear pain along with a pain at my upper left back. I tried to convince my relatives to take me to the doctors, but they wouldn&# …

Last reply
  • Slow heartbeat after stopping smoking

Hi guys,  I am 20 years old and used to suffer from panic attacks and anxiety. I used to have panic attacks every week and used to call the ambulance and I was tested from ECGs to blood tests to X-rays and thanks nothing was found. I educated myself on why I was having these panic attack’s …

Last reply
  • Harm minimisation approach to quitting - what do you think?

Hi, after many failed attempts to quit I have started to figure out that Nicotine is not the issue, it is the smoking of tobacco that does the damage. I have begun to write a blog about my smoking addiction, and my failed attempts to beat it over the years. After some serious internet research I' …

Posted
  • How to deal with mental health problems after quiting smoking?

I was a heavy smoker for 4,5 years, but some months ago I quit. I tried many different methods and only switching to vaping helped me. I bought this one to start with and first time everything was alright. But sometimes a feel anxious and depressed that I want to smoke a real cigarette at once. …

Last reply
  • Trying to quit smoking with a vape, advice?

Hi all, I’ve decided to give my vape another go. The issue I have is I can’t find a decent flavour juice to help! I usually smoke Sterling or B&H dual. So any flavours that aren’t just mint? Also, I find myself not able to get a satisfying pull from my vape. It’s really frustrating as I want …

Last reply
  • Side effects - quitting smoking

My dad has been a smoker for 60 years and decided to just give up…that was 6 months ago, he has always been fit…but gradually since this time he has developed hearing problems, acid indigestion, dry eye syndrome, also swollen under eyes near cheeks (but has been told this is not an eye problem), …

Last reply
  • I started Champix 5 days ago. Not sure if i am doing it correct

Hello can I have your advise please. So I started Champix 5 days ago. I will soon undergo and operation and the Dr says that he will not assist me if I am not smoke free for at least a month. I started champix starter kit on Sunday evening 0.5mg tabs and on Tuesday morning after only 2 pills I …

Last reply
  • Smokin

Hi im brett, i have been out of hospital 1 week, have been stopped smokin 2 week have had a very lot of stress and i mean alot, i have had 1 fag what will this cause, the operation i have had is my lung being stuck to my chest wall plz someone let me know asap i am worried.

Last reply
  • 12 Days! I'm Thrilled to bits!

I'm nearly at the end of my second week. Things seems so different this time around. Instead of feeling I'm missing out by not smoking...I feel grateful to have this last opportunity to have a cigarette free life. Yes, there's been a few tears, a bit of over-eating, and a fair bit of …

Last reply
  • Any New Quitters Here?

Hi Everyone Well I'm still in the first 24 hours of my quit. I feel almost relieved that at least I have started. It's taken a bit of worry away. I feel that I can hold my head up a bit now. I can't believe that in less that 24 hours.....I can get up the stairs easier also my heart isn& …

Posted
  • 8 Years Smoke Free Christmas Day

So I just realised I had forgotten something so important it changed my life, I smoked my last cigarette Christmas Day 10 past 9 in 2009, were did those years go, I hope that anyone setting out on the same journey will use this site to help them travel this road, it will seem as though there's …

Last reply
  • 6 days smoke free HELL. Any advice.

I had to stop smoking 6 days ago, due to a chest cold, that turned into a very nasty chest infection. In 36 years I have never had a infection like it. I didn't want to quit but it made sense, I have now reached 6 days cold turkey. And it's hell, I do not have cravings that come and go they …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.