Is Vaping more dangerous than cigarettes? I wonder...

Posted , 3 users are following.

From my own experience I believe vaping is more poisonous than cigarettes.

I' am a smoker of up to 40 cigarettes per day for 40 years. Started smoking at 12 years old.

For the last 4 years I've tried everything on the market to stop smoking, but nothing worked. I've tried all sorts of vaping since it started and didn't work either, so I've decided to carry on smoking my cigarettes.

In 2017, I bought a vaping device and e-liquid (which I won't mention the brand) from my local vaping shop and in March 2018, out of nowhere I started feeling very ill,

such as:

short of breath, severe dizziness, heart attack feeling and more... I've actually thought i was going to die. Went through A&E, many hospital and GP appointments, tests after tests and nothing. I felt like I was poisoned by something, but couldn't figured this out.

I felt so ill, i stop vaping and started an healthy diet, walked everyday and lost excess weight. I've replaced vaping with filtered cigarettes holder and was getting much better... somehow, strong again 😃.

I don't take any medication, not even a pain killer.

Everything was going back the ways it was and the only thing left for me is to stop smoking completely.

February 2019. I lost my dad... I was devastated and still grieving today.

For some reason, since the funeral, I cannot smoke cigarettes. It's like the trauma of losing my dad created a psychological rejection of cigarettes. I couldn't stand the smell and taste anymore.

But... I was still craving for nicotine and decided to buy the latest vaping kit , 80%VG e-liquid and 3mg nicotine. Now I'm on 1.5mg and trying to vape as less as possible.

I've realised since I'am vaping again, the sickness is back and contributes to a weaker immune system. Also, since I've stopped cigarettes, I feel awful, depressed, anxious and can't breathe very well.

Since I vape:

Short of Breath

Anxiety

Panic

Strange heart beats

High Blood pressure

Silent Reflux

Going toilet too often

Teeth problems

Gum disease

Depression

Feeling weird and out of place

Lack of concentration

Memory problem

Never had these symptoms for 40 years on 40 cigs per day....

Yes! I 've done all tests and Doctors assume it's anxietyor in my head!

Is Vaping more dangerous than cigarettes? I wonder... 😕

Why did I started vaping in the first place . Maybe I should of carried on smoking my cigarettes....

More research need to be done with doctors regarding vaping. People who vape should be monitored on regular basis.

Please ignore my english, I wasn't bothered correcting the grammar 😉

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Glad you managed to stop smoking , but horribly tragic way to stop I know, but probably dad saying please son stop, I agree with him. I have CPFE, one of the diseases in that is emphysema, have it badly, the other is pulmonary fibrosis cause by my old job, solder !!! I am on oxygen.

I was also a 40 a day for 25 years, managed to stop dead with 200 cigs in the house, no way could I not have cigs in the house and told myself , in an hour, that hour never came, the cravings lasted for years, I would stand behind smokers just to sniff, pathetic.

Hope you can keep away from the evil things. Have carrot sticks and the like in the fridge, take up writing, then you have something in your hand. Best of luck. It WILL get better.

• Posted

yes, one of my relative also vape e-cigarette and he felt sick as well similar like you too. He used to cough frequently and shortness of breath as well. After his doctor suggested him to stop vaping, his condition got better and much healthier now with regular cigarettes. I also believe that vaping is more dangerous than cigarettes but still harmful to health.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.