Champix questions

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi i am now a non smoker since the 21st of january i only stayed on champix for 4 weeks as i was worried about the side effects luckily i only suffered from nausea and disturbed sleep but didnt want to take a chance of getting any other side effects. I felt great and in control and felt i didnt need to continue with the tablets but the last 2 weeks have been very tough with cravings. Im wondering if i do go back on champix and finish the recommended 12 week course will i still go through this stage of craving and do we all just have to go through a will power stage. looking forward to hearing your experiences

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi having not taken champix to quit I can't comment on the side effects other than second hand from a site I helped run when I quit cold turkey.

As for having to go through the craving and withdrawal when you stop taking any form of quit smoking aid, I believe that you do yes but not nescassarily because you have stopped the champix or the e cig etc but because deep down inside your brain tells you that you should, even without taking anything we all have to go through withdrawal because nicotine is an incredibly strong drug to quit using.

First off remind yourself why you wanted to stop smoking in the first place and then step back and decide if going back on champix will help, if so then restart it, if not then with support I believe you can stay smoke free anyway.

You don't realise it but your doing really well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.