Quitting Easy, No But Definitely Not Impossible

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I am seeing that not too many are on here quitting at the moment, is their a reason for this, is it fear, lack of support or a belief that it want make any difference to their health or life in general or its not the right day, week, month or year.

Whichever one it is then its time to take the plunge because every day you continue to smoke is one day lost from your life that will shorten it not just in years but in quality as well.

I wish you all a long and healthy smoke free life.

Support is just a click away

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'm trying to quit at the moment, it's bloody hard, am on patches but still can't stop thinking about having one.

• Posted

Hi congratulations you are doing so well just don't allow the quit to become your life, think about why you decided to give up to start with.

Another thing you could try is to let the cravings wash over you instead of fighting them, I am not a great believer in crutches but I can understand you needing something to get you through it and when you reach a point where you feel good I promise its well worth it.

Fresh orange juice ice cold can help stem the cravings and a good brisk walk can help as well if you can do exercise.

How long has it been

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.