Help me quit smoking, I simply can't control myself

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello everyone, I am 19 years old I've been smoking for 2 years since 2017. I really want to stop smoking, I've been trying to quit for months, It still doesn't work out for me. Can somebody help me out with a specific solution that can perhaps help me quit? Thanks in Advance

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I was a fairly heavy smoker and I stopped dead 25 years ago but I had a sleeve of 200 in the house and told my self if I really must I can have a smoke in 2 hours, I never did have that smoke but the fact that I knew I could worked for me.

Give it up smoking does you no favours, I am not going to survive much longer because of being poisoned at work, no health and safety in those days, and smoking. Got severe lung diseases and am on oxygen only one year after being diagnosed.

• Posted

I am going to be 60 this year still smoking trying to figure out a way as well the cough has become so bad

• Posted

Smoking is so persistent because it has you psychologically dependent on it. If you want to quit but can't try to understand what it represents for you - is it a substitute for a friend, an element of your own image that you've created in your mind, or something else. Take it from there- and try to treat yourself to something you really like and try to get sorted the thing your smoking represents + change the environment (scenery and people), at least for a while. Good luck! And it's going to be tough but then you'll feel grand. Don't forget to give yourself a treat afterwards:) And it might take a few attempts, keep trying and don't feel discouraged.

• Posted

Thank you very much for your response! I am honored to follow your advice 😄 Have a great day!

• Edited

My husband was/is a moderate smoker who did manage to quit for a few years. He did this by going cold turkey - just gave it up one day and never looked back. Until he did. But even now, he knows that's the only way to quit smoking, but cannot muster up the willpower to do it. Just throw away your stash (if you have one) and resist the urge to smoke, one painful day at a time. You'll be fine.

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.