Back annoyance (pricks, tingling, spread all over back?)

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am a 36/m/normal weight. No weight loss or symptoms other than this weird back thing, which is not pain. It's a feeling unlike any other I've felt. It's weird and concerning.

Smoker for 10 years. Quit this week. My back problem feels like there's a boot/shoe being held down on my back, there's pricks/tingling sensations that changes positions throughout the day on my back. But they linger. It's always there. Sitting down/sleeping provides temporary relief. I've had this issue since Xmas, or about 1 month.

Breathing is fine.

A year ago I found an enlarged thyroid on my neck. Got x-ray, doc keeping eye on it. Follow-up next month. Could be connected to back problem, which is not going away. Ibruprofen doesn't do much.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

ive been feeling like this for 2.5 years.

had an mri in the beginning which showed nothing.

horrible feeling which has got worse over time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.