Not Feeling Like Myself After smoking weed

Posted , 1 user is following.

About 2 days Prior To today i smoked weed with a freind then went to bed and the next day i woke up feeling weird like i cant explain but its making me sweat and just overthink and feel anxious. i dont feel like myself. so i was like maybe its just side effects so i just fought thtough until the next day i was still feeling like that but during throughout the day i was feeling a little better but still kind of the same so i dont know what this feeling is and if it will every go away i stopped smoking so i dont know if u can withdrawl off of weed . and this weed my freind had was better then what i usualy smoke on so could that be it?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

If it's any consolation the same happened with me. Back in the late 90's I would smoke it all the time and for years it provided the desired effect. Then one night during a normal "session" I became extremely paranoid and panicky. The more I panicked the worse I became and I was convinced someone had spiked me with hallucinogens! Luckily one of my wiser friends was able to calm me down and he explained that the dope not only exaggerates your good feelings but also your anxieties. Over the coming months I found that smoking weed was no long fun as it would only result in paranoia. I decided to quit smoking weed altogether but the anxiety and "daytime paranoia" remained even after a few days. I tried to think if anything had changed since it started to go wrong and I realised my job had become more stressful, I had more bills to pay, I was in dispute with my flatmate over the rent and various other things. All this was brought out in the form of general anxiety when I smoked weed. I needed to make sure I was completely happy in myself and was comfortable with the people around me before taking it. The "daytime paranoia" wears off after a while, the weed has you more aware of issues you need to deal with. By the way, I'm only talking about the hash resin available at the time. Variants such as "Skunk weed" are just asking for trouble.

I hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.