My Dad Is Peeing Bits Of Black.

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I'm travelling in an RV with my dad. There isn't super great soundproofing, and so this one time when he peed it sounded like diarrhea- soupy. I thought maybe it was just diarrhea, but he forgot to flush. When I went in there, I saw was he left. His pee was pale green and there were bits of black. It looked like ashes or tabacco, but jet black. My dad is 62 and has been smoking since he was a teenager. He smokes a pack and a half a day, but has recently been trying to cut back. Now it's only a pack to half a pack a day. He doesn't have any other smoker symptoms other than the fact he doesn't have teeth. I want to know what the black bits in his pee are and if they could be a smaller part of something big. Help?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Ensue, I hope your dad has been doing okay. Black lumps sounds concerning - my friend (registered nurse) mentioned that if poop/stool has black in it, it could be old blood and indicate internal bleeding. If it's to do with pee, I'm not sure. But don't take it from me, take your dad to a doctor to get checked out as soon as you can. There are health lines or doctors you can call to get general over the phone advice too - re: if you need to bring your dad in to be seen by a doctor or not. Hope it goes well anyway, take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.