Has anyone gave up the e-cig with champix?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Iv been smoking the e-cig for the past 4 years now tobacco flavoured nicotine 12mg . Im really struggling to give up so went on champix 3 weeks ago and still struggling! I have defiently cut down but don't see myself fully stopping have no side effects and vaping tastes the same no sickening feeling. help a girl losing hope?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am in the US & have just used Wellbutrin to help me quit smoking cigarettes. It definitely worked for me. Within a few weeks I was smoke free.

Where are you located? Wondering if Wellbutrin is available there. I also read the book "Easy way to quit smoking" by Allen Carr . Best book to read to help in the quit

GOOD LUCK!

• Posted

I am situated in Ireland! it's not cigarettes I need to give up tho its the electronic cigarette (vaping), thank you!

• Posted

Yes I realize that ! Its still nicotine in the Tobacco. Thats why i thought if you were given Champix maybe Wellbutrin might help. Unless your ecigs do not contain nicotine-The addictive chemical.

• Posted

Yes I smoke 12mg nicotine which is on the higher scale so I taught they would work aswel! I don't think we can get wellbrutin here in Ireland, Thanks so much for your help tho !

• Posted

Awwwww!!I wish you could get Wellbutrin. It did help me. In the US, Champix is called Chantix!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.