Lung problem ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, sorry for my bad english but i hope that u can understand, thanks 😃 So my questions is

If u can hold ur breath for like 90-120 second, does it mean that ur lung are healthy ?

If I can run up 120 steps(stairs ) does that mean my lungs are healthy

Reason that am asking this questions is that i need like more time to recover after running, i get back in normal in like half minut after running but i have feeling that my chest needs more time( an example of this is, to climb the 6.7 steps and feel like I need two to three deep breaths ) . Im not regular smoker, i like to smoke 3,4 a week, and im kinda scared that i have some problems with lung. I have some chest/ back pain, my doc said that is probbly back pain cuz am not sitting well, and she lisented my lung with stethoscope and she said that everything is okey, but sometimes i can hear wheezing while am inhale ( like in throat). I can do my exercises normal, am driving bicycle like 30 min a day, i dont have shortness of breath like i need to sit and smth like that i just have strange feeling in my chest, maybe is in my head cuz am constatly thinking about it. I dont have any cough, literally, never. I did pulse oximetry test and doc said it was good and I have an appointment with a pulmonologist where I will request spirometry. Do you guys have any advice and can spirometry show some indicate of lung cancer ?

P.s. I managed to pull out the saliva I felt in my throat and I saw a red dot, I thought it was blood, but I took a toothpick and saw that the paper did not absorb the blood and I managed to transfer one part of that red dot to the dry part of the paper and move it no problem so my guess is that it’s a piece of food because I ate pomegranate the night before. And my blood test is good, i heard that sedimentation rate or level is very important and its all good along with together with leukocyte formula and iron. Im 23 years old

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi, stefan.

Yes, if you can hold your breath for that time, your lungs are healthy. If you go outside alot, that is probably why.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.