CHAMPIX !!!..omg what are they doing to me..

Posted , 3 users are following.

after any experience/views of anyone who has been on champix..thanks

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I first started them in July 2017, on the standard dose. OMG, they made me sooo ill. i was continuously sick & lost one & a half stone in 8 weeks. It then got worse when we went on holiday, to Mexico. I could've literally murdered my husband for bringing me a drink when I hadn't asked for one & I was in tears for the 1st 3 days, finding fault with everything about our hotel, the weather…you name it. By day 4, I gave in & bought fags.

When we returned to the UK, I went back to the chemist & we came up with another quit date & an alternative way of taking the tablets. As I'd been ok on the lower dose & my sickness was in the afternoon, I took the 1st tablet 2hrs before getting up & the 2nd as late in the day as possible & it worked, no sickness & very few mood swings.

I had my final fag on 18th October 2017 & can honestly say that I didn't have any cravings. I even kept the weight off!!!

My biggest issue was missing holding a cigarette & did get a vape. However, I do use nicotine free juices, but do tend to have it in my hand a lot, even if not actually vaping.

I hope this helps as it's the stuff they don't tell you that tends to be the most helpful 😉

• Posted

I'm just starting week 11 of the 12 week Champix course. I have only suffered from two side effects one is flatulence which doesn't cause me any problems (but may upset people nearby); the second is vivid dreams which I've rather enjoyed. Many people claim to get bad moods or short temper but this is probably as much to do with not smoking as it is to do with the Champix.

The important thing to remember with using Champix is that it's not a miracle cure, it simple reduces or stops the pleasure you get from nicotine so you must want to quit. Very occasionally I do get a mild craving and I have to apply some self control to say no to a cigarette but the big thing is that it is easier to say no and the cravings do pass fairly quickly.

If you really want to give up then Champix will help. I'd also recommend using a 'stop smoking' counseling service or regular follow up appointments with your doctor and also encouraging your friends to support you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.