80 hour alcohol test

Posted , 5 users are following.

I just spent a good amount of time researching how to beat this test.  A BIG danger sign for me.  I have 60 days today.  I have subjected myself to random drug testing for alcohol to keep me on track.  I am having mixed feelings about that right now.

​My therapist told me they have the 80 hour Etg test...so its not like the old days...you drink and it is not detected within 2 days.  Techically, I was tested yesterday...and if I drank today...I would have Sat and Sunday to "recover" and it would not be likely if they used the old test they would be able to detect it on Monday if they call me Monday for a test.

​I am somewhat glad that I CANT drink (well I can, but I risk any chance of me obtaining federal assitance as I did this to prove to them (they didn't ask me to)...but I wanted to have some proof that i was not drinking...so I asked my therapist if we could do this so I would have documented proof.  She agreed.

​It has been a good idea..because I think there were a couple of times I would have drank...and I KNOW I would be drinking today if I was not worried about the random testing.

​I'm in mental and physical pain right now craving the drink....this will pass...if I don't drink.  And I wouldn't put it past me TO drink either....this has been a tough day.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I also know my therapist is not going to test me Monday because I already mentioned that it doesn't make sense for me to KNOW I'm going to be tested on appointments...she agreed.  So I could chance drinking today....thinking the first opportunity to call me would be Tuesday....BUT...it could still be Monday....I hate alcohol...it has consumed my whole day even thou I am not drinking.
    • Posted

Good job on closing off your exits. Have you ever tried acupuncture to help out with this sort of thing? Keep coming up with ideas and conscious choices to give yourself options in the face of craving, Misssy!
    • Posted

smile yes, H.A.L.T. and Im 2 of them right now...and I do know what to do...so for the Angry...it is basically cause of the Lonely.  It is my birthday..52...and only one of my sons reached out to me...but it was a blessing that he did...because he doesn't really care for my situation either.....I went out to eat alone....I've been alone all day and I have a b/f in the house..its p*ssing me off.  BUT...after the dinner is done that I am cooking..I'm going to visit a friend.  That will take care of it because by the time I leave the night will be over.  Thank you for responding.  Yes, I liked what you said "closing off all the exits". 
    • Posted

Happy Birthday, Misssy! Ample cause to treat yourself right, hope you have a great time visiting with your friend!
    • Posted

BTW, I don't think that was your computer that ate your reply to Vodka07, Patient has been kind of glitchy today, difficult to load.
    • Posted

Thank you for the birthday wish...as you know it is a FEAT to live this long after doing what we do to our bodies.  Thanks again.  Weird cause patient is letting me type really fast (never does)...and then the first time I hit "reply" it disappears.  So I copy what I post....then start over....paste...hit reply and it seems to work the 2nd time....I guess today was not a BAD day...just a frustrating day.  Thanks smile
    • Posted

You're welcome, Misssy. 

If your computer has "automagically" upgraded itself to Windows 10, that could cause odd problems too, but Patient has def been straining under the load today, threw up it's hands at least 3 times this morning.

• Posted

Hi Misssy you are NOT going to drink after 60 sober days. You can't put yourself through this pain again.

whats happened today with you? You're one of the strongest people on this forum and I know you have the inner strength to beat these thoughts.

I know from experience what it's like to be craving a drink and the lengths I'd have gone to.

at my worst, my husband took half a bottle of wine off me and chucked it in the bin. Twenty years later and I still feel so ashamed and humiliated about what I did. I physically managed (God knows how I had the strength, well yes I do, desperation ) crawled out the back door and went through the bin to get the remaining half bottle. How low and despicable is that?

Youre going through hell at the moment aren't you waiting for a claim to be accepted?

keep positive, I know how hard it must be and keep telling yourself what the consequences would be. Ok half an hour max you might feel slightly better, then what? If you're low now, how would you feel tomorrow and the next day? Before you know it, that one drink to make you feel a bit better, has turned into a binge and thrown you back to worse than you felt in January.

take care Misssy this forum wouldn't be the same without you, we all need you xx

• Posted

Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Life is just rough right now. And thank you for remembering my claim battle. We all have hard stuff. Just feeling down. Couldn't sleep. Just saw your other message at your 2'am..enjoy your trip and I hope for moderation for you smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.