81/2 wks on sertraline

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone I’ve been on 100mgs of sertraline now for the past 81/2 wks. But dropped my dose to 50mgs this week. Then I’ve got to go cold turkey for 1wk so I can go back on my old 1s. Is there any chance that I can start intervening my old 1s while still on sertraline . Any advice or reassurance please 🌹

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hope this helps 
    • Posted

HI Julie thanks for that. But I don’t av a clue what cross tapering means? Does it mean that while I’m weaning off sertraline? To start taking low dose of my old tablets 🌹

• Posted

Hi Debra.

i think it depends on what you are changing to.

i have looked again on the internet for you and found this.

• Posted

Thanx Julie . I’m changing back to paroxatine. I just don’t understand them time tables. The doctor told me to drop from 100mgs to 50mgs for a week and then nothing at all for a week. Then start back on paroxatine 🌹

• Posted

Gave up a bit early x
    • Posted

Hi John wen I went back to the doctors he woz going to put my dose up. To 125 but cus I told him I was really worse . He was going to put me on a different ad. But because I’ve been on paroxatine b4. He said to go back on it. So sertraline as mess me up for all these weeks for nothing really. Just to start all over again on my old1s😡

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.