8MONTHS POST MYOMECTOMY AND TRYING TO CONCEIVE

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone,i am new here. I need a little bit of advice and encouragement.

I had open myomectomy 8 months ago and had 24 fibriods <ranging in different sizes> removed. The operation was a success lasted for about 2hours . I was discharged home 2days post op. I had no complications. My problems now is

1. I have been trying to conceive for about 2 months now and i discovered that in the last few weeks i have been so emotional and sad especially after my period.
  2. I also discovered that i get this lower back pain on and off days before my period and after my period. Its a new kind of pain for me.

Is there anyone out there with similar issues or anyone pregnant after having open myomectomy , i need success stories that can cheer me up and make me feel better.

I want my own baby so bad. I plan to see my GP next week.

PS. I have been doing everything right,i am taking pre natal vitamins and tracking my ovulation. Babe Dancing well,eating right. I dont smoke and stayed away from alcohol and coffee.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ola.

I had same procedure in 25 March 2019, took longer to heal but finally healed well.

I also had pain on the right side of my waist back,it would also come and go,I went to my GP and he said it's normal it's because of the op but it will go away and it really did after a while.

I started baby dancing in July with no success until this month. I did a home pregnancy test on the 22nd of using 2 test strips and they both had faint lines. i didn't believe it, I don't want to have false hope I need to go see my gp next week to confirm if I'm really pregnant or not. But I have so much hope.

A tip I can give you would be to buy the digital ovulation test, it's quite pricey but worth it. And also buy prenatal pills tot prepare your body.

All the best love. Don't feel discouraged.

• Posted

Thank you for replying, your message made me smile and just cheered me up.

I use the Clearblue digital ovulation test kits and the Pregnacare before conception tablets. I will keep up with baby dancing and try not to worry much.

I am hopeful for you as well, sending you loads of Sticky Babydust .xx

• Posted

hello there!

i am also 7-8 months post open myomectomy with 30 fibriods and a large cyst dissolved. you are doing the right things, but try not to let/allow stress into your life and body.

Try and remain calm and allow your body and mind to be calm. Remember we have been through a major procedure. my surgery lasted for 6 hours. I am 44, no children, but i live in hope, & thank God for my blessed life.

Yoga and Pilates have been useful in life, to remain balanced and calm. Stay calm mentally and physically, & it will happen! ❤

• Posted

Hello. Thank you for your words of encouragement its very helpful, God bless you.

I have never done Yoga. I think i will try it.

• Posted

Dear Ola,

Just a message of encouragement to say that I struggled with multiple fibroids, including one that was the size of a baby by the time is was removed in January 2018. I wanted my own baby and was very worried I couldnt have one, but had to go ahead with an open myomectomy. I'm pleased to say that I had my baby in December 2019. THe surgeon was unable to remove one of the fibroids but it posed no problem to the pregnancy.

I just wanted to say that there are success stories out there, and please don't be discouraged. I know that if I had read a message like this when I was going through the worst of the fibroid stress, it would have helped.

Best wishes to you

Pippa

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply. You do not understand how much this means to me. Your message came in at the perfect time for me because i have been feeling so low emotionally. I cannot wait to have my own baby more like babies ...i love twins. Congratulations on the birth of your baby , wishing you and your many more joy ,smiles and miracles.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.