8wks post op

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I am 8 wks post op & have tried sexual intercourse & was very pain full I have read on here about coconut oil I have brought 1 from Holland & Barrett & it says good 4 cooking & a food supplement but can b used 4 body moisturiser does any 1 no if this is the right coconut oil 2 use 🙁

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Any type/form of coconut oil is ok to use. A lot of women prefer the organic coconut oil but it really doesn't matter.
    • Posted

Thank u it was excruciating & im worrying that I'm stitched up 2 much & it's not going 2 happen I had a posterise vaginal repair & a perineorraphy & where I had stitches out side it appear to small 2 go in I'm worried 😔
    • Posted

If you've had external stitches it will take time before it feels comfortable. Remember the vagina is muscle and expands. I think it's just been a bit too early for sex because you won't be completely healed yet. Try not to get too anxious because that just makes things worse. If you can leave it another couple of weeks.
  • Posted

Deborah

I am so sorry you are having trouble. I have purchased different brands names of coconut oil - i found no difference between the brands. The one from the grocery store was cheaper and worked just a well.

• Posted

Deborah if you're wanting lubrication for sex, I'd suggest yes.  The do it in the oil version and the water version, and for the best lubrication you need to use the oil first and then the water on top of that.  I think that's about the best lubrication you can get.  I use organic coconut oil daily (in fact, twice daily) for moisturising but I'd certainly use something with more lubrication when starting sex after the op. The organic coconut oil comes in a jar which if it's kept somewhere fairly cold, needs to be broken up this weather, but there is also liquid coconut oil (which is more processed) but either will work for moisturisation.  I just don't think they are the very best answer for sex though.
    • Posted

Yes, it's 'Yes' lubrication that I'd suggest using.  You can buy it online, and the oil version and the water based one.  You use the oil first and then the water on top of that.  I think also, though, that Matron is right, just give it a little more time and try very gently to start with - take the pressure off yourself and take it stage by stage:-)  If it feels uncomfortable, put it off for a week and then try again, but I think if you can get hold of the Yes (both types) it will help you hugely.
  • Posted

Hello

I am a year post op now for a rectocele repair,not sure what you have had done.I use coconut oil as a lubricant,get mine from costco's,totally organic but it still isn't making me very comfortable with sex ,have tried so many things,hrt creams,yes lube but so far nothing really working with me ,hope you have more luck than I have had .  You sound like you are having the same problems as me,not much fun is it? sad 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.