9 days after TAH and have I got an infection

Posted , 6 users are following.

Had a TAH last Wednesday and a cyst removed. Had a catherter for 2 days. Last couple of days tummy really been hurting and get a pain down below firstly when my body is telling me I need to go to the toilet and then a slight burning sensation towards the end of going to the toilet. Am on last day of antibiotics tomorrow so after that can get a urine sample checked out.

But did anyone else experience this type of pain before, during water works?

Tummy also still very sore, especially along cut. Very badly bruised, very black, blue and yellow but thought I was getting better but now feel as if I'm going backwards.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thank you

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Susie

I am 3 weeks post TAH BSO and although have not had a urine infection I do get a strange ache pain when passing urine, i think that is because everything is still healing, As for my wound still 3 weeks on I am bruised,sore and have a numb burning sensation which I hve been assured are all normal due to the healing of the nerves and musscle tissue so dont be too alarmed, but would get the urine infection sorted, you may need a longer course or a different antibiotic to treat it. hope this helps.

Nikki x

• Posted

Hi Susie,

I had burning also after my TAH BSO & pain on urination. I had an infection and needed antibiotics to help clear it up.

Arnica 30c available from a health shop will help greatly with bruising & healing. Fresh market Turmeric & ginger also help with inflammation. Small bit of each in homemade soup is great.

Gail

• Posted

HI Susie

I m 4 weeks post op TAH & BSO, i found passing urine painful towards the end  like a burning squeezing sensation. I did nt have an infection, i think it was part of the op and the bladder adjusting itself. Your bladder does get handled when having the op and so it has to settle down. I am still suffering with a sore belly and it swells above the scar in the afternoon onwards, this is uncomfortable. I still cannot get up straight out of the sofa or bed, having to slowly do it as it feels my insides are moving about. Its a slow recovery but we will get there eventually

Gail 

• Posted

Hi Nanny to 5

Thanks for that post as I am also getting that sensation when passing urine and the swollen belly in the afternoon /early evening, I feel great in the morning but come the evening I am sore tender and swollen, so this is all normal due to the healing!!.

Take care

Nikki xx

• Posted

I am 5 weeks post op and after my 2nd week started with a urine infection, my nirse put me on a mild antibiotic but after 6 days i had to have the doctor out to the house as i was so ill. This lead to me spending 3 nights on the  isolation ward with e coli. I have been very ill my doctor said it could take months to get right again as i have had 2 major traumers in just a few weeks.

I finished my antibiotics last Monday but for the last 2 days i have felt a slight burning feeling when going to the loo. I am so scared it is returning!

Don't leave it too long to get checked out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.