9 days post op total hip replacement-sickness

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi all, I had a total replacement done 9 days ago and seem to be progressing nicely. I'm walking on just one stick-although I haven't been outside yet! I am just pottering around the house. My biggest problem is sickness. I just feel sick pretty much all the time, and need the loo lots as well. I thought it was because of the meds, I don't seem to take well to meds. I dropped all meds off once I got out of the hospital and so I have been taking only paracetamol for the last 3 days. I still feel sick all the time tho. Is this normal? Any suggestions as to what is causing it or more importantly what will stop it?

Thanks in advance 😃

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yeah, in the grand scheme of things.....I'm sure the memories will fade and hopefully I will be left for as a fiddle and with my life back 👍🏼
  • Posted

On the subject of peeing! I had very swollen leg for a few days after I came home...and then one night....!!!! I hardly got back to bed before I had to pee again...and I mean pee with a capital P !!! Luckily I made it each time...the next morning my leg was totally normal! Ha ha ha ha......what an adventure we are all having!....never thought I would be discussing on the World Wide Web how much I pee! ......take care ...

Jane

• Posted

cheesygrin honestly, nobody will tell you about this !!!!   my bladder has a faulted GPS system ... destination NOT reached but she thinks she has ... phew ... well, it keeps you moving - exercise getting out and in to bed, sitting down, standing up ... taking little steps etc. ....

• Posted

Hahaha it's so good to know that these weird and wonderful things are 'normal' tho. I've spoken to my doctor this morning and she has prescribed some anti sickness tablets so we'll see how they go x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.