9 month Chest pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a 34 year old (active) male. Last January I had an episode were I had chest pains for about 2 weeks. I went to the dr and he ran a few test on me but while doing so I stopped having the pain. He chalked it up to indigestion and that was that. Fast forward to this past January and almost a year to the date the pain came back! Unfortunately for me this time it still hasn't went away! Earlier in the year i had all the cardio test(echo,stress,heart cath,nuc stress, ct with dye) and nothing showed up. I also had all the gall bladder checks. In June they were doing blood work and my d dimer (I think that's it) came back high so I was in PE protocol, had another Ct scan! Again showed nothing! Then I went down the mucsulare-skeletal road. Got shots for condgro but that still didnt work! Then I went down the gastro road, had an endoscopy and colonoscopy! (Not fun). Again found nothing. By this time I ended up changing DRS because mine was starting to act like I'm faking!( or at least that's how I felt) so now my new dr had me wear a monitor. It came back that I had had some p.a.c's but the cardiologists basically said those were not that big of a deal and scheduled my app for like 3 weeks from now! I am miserable! I can be absolutely fine playing with my 2 year old or sleeping and then bam it hits me! The pain it self is not always the same. Early on it was a stabbing beside my left nipple and my neck and left arm would just ache so bad! Then I started having a terrible feeling on both sides of my sternum, one that makes me stop what I'm doing and just freeze! The only thing that has stayed consistant with the pain is that when I get to the end of my breathe talking, I can feel a sharp pain mildly. I have always been an active person( i play softball, coach softball, golf) always on the go. But since this has started I have had to stop all of that. This pain is making me crazy! It is affecting my job my marriage, basically tearing my life up slowly. People have brought anxiety but I can literally be in the middle of a happy moment or asleep and it hit me. I'm also a very outgoing person so I just cant believe that is what it is. Has anyone else ever had something like this or heard of something similar?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Richie70901, I feel bad for you and especially when you're so physically active.  I've been researching the internet like a crazy person with all my symptoms and came across alot of things one being the para-thyroid which i never heard of before .  They are like little glands in the thyroid that if not working right can cause a lot of trouble and make our lives miserable...I noticed my calcium level was above normal and that plus my age said this means i have a para-thyroid tumor/disease and I needed to have them removed and then all problems go away including my bone pain, chest bone pain plus my high blood pressure, my low vitamin d and my overall aches and pains including acid reflux and gas.  I'm not saying this is your problem, but have you looked at your blood work yourself and carefully see if the levels are in the normal range; just one thing you can do. My doctor said my slight high liver enzymes don't mean anything and i thought then why do they give a range of normal on the blood work results.  The more i look on the internet the more i see bacterial and viral things popping up and associated with chest pain so maybe check into that area...Oh, if you take any medications or vitamins it can be causing this.  I was given a blood pressure medicine in the hospital a year ago and i just read it can be a cause for periocarditis which is heart related.it angered me so do check into all meds including over the counter and their side effects...have you been checked for lyme disease ?  i asked for that test too, but i was negative..maybe see a infectious disease person; i hear they're good at diagnosing; guess i should do that too...my chest pain if you can believe this has been going away with drinking about 16oz of ginger ale, taking one full dose aspirin, a anti-anxiety pill and rolaids for gas and heartburn..i cannot believe this would be going on in my breast area, but the pain (knock on wood) has been going away...try it if you can...ginger is good for me anyway and anti-inflammatories  should help you for some pain relief or even  extra strength tylenol.  stay patient and i know it can drive you crazy..I'm telling you I read that mold; common mold found anywhere that can cause serious problems..you'll figure it out , but be your own advocate..my poor mother who i vent to has been pretty patient except she did blow up in the hospital after a 3 hour wait with no doctor coming in to see me...shortage of doctors in emergency rooms it seems..I wish you all the best..PS; what about fibro-myalgia which needs certain care like everything else...that's generalized pain due to overactive nerve endings...Good luck...

• Posted

PS: Richie70901, I should state I am a female, age 59.  I was always pretty strong physically and exercised in moderation too. As far a anxiety goes; all of this will cause stress and anxiety possibly without you even knowing it...Have fun with your 2 yr. old and wife; hopefully she understands when we're in pain we're not our old selves...take care...

• Posted

Hi Richie. Do you have an update on this, how are you now?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.