9 months and now it's gotten worse...could this be Costochondritis or slipping rib syndrome?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone

Here's my sad story...

I was reaching to put up a blind in October last year and felt pain on the right hand side of my back. I went to a chiropractor, osteopath, my local doctor (had an x-ray of my back - normal), then a rheumatologist and had an MRI of my back and chest (normal). Everyone kept telling me it was muscular so I started doing yoga and stretching exercises from a physiotherapist. It never felt quite felt right but I just kept doing all the exercises and trying to stay positive.

I played tennis today (used to play a lot, only just starting to try again now) and when reaching for a shot I felt a sharp pain on my hand hand side. I now can't rotate properly to the right, it's painful to reach upwards with my right hand, and it feels like I'm slightly winded all the way from my back through to my chest when I take a deep breath. This is how it felt after the initial injury, possibly even worse. My other symptoms are:

-Tight/sore chest

-Tender abs

-Clicking noise in my back when I lean to one side and then the other

Could this have been a rib out this whole time that has never quite gone back in place, even with all the chiropractor and osteopath sessions? And now it's completely out of place again? Therefore could it be slipping rib syndrome and/or costochondritis?

I've been living with this every day for almost 9 months now. I started to think it was getting better but now I feel like I'm back where I started and don't know where to go from here.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.