9 months none-operative complete tear Achilles tendon her pain and numbness.

Posted , 2 users are following.

My recovery has been slow! The first 4 months Iwas in a boot. 9 months out still having problems with swelling, numbness of heel, and pain to walk in a normal shoe.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Jim

Sorry to here you're still having trouble. I had a lot of numbness too after surgery, my sural nerve had become entrapped in the repair and needed to be released. Do you have any more follow up appointments with the hospital who treated it? If not I would say go back to your GP and discuss. I would ask for an ultrasound to see how the tendon has healed and look at dynamic movement. I don't think that's unreasonable to ask after 9 months if you are still having problems. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.