9 mos Post- LAVH . PRESSURE/burning sensation inside vagina

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi, everyone! I'm 9 mos Post LAVH. The first 4 mos were very uncomfortable. Felt like something poking me or about to fall out. I had several f/u appts, with good report. The past 2 wks or so I have began to experience alot of pressure in the vagina and feel as if something is going to fall out. It is also painful. Has anyone else experienced these symptoms 9 mos Post op?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

You will be in alot pain for at least 3 or 4 weeks I had pain for weeks up two 2 months you have to take one day at a time I took pain killers for first two weeks it's a big op takes time to recover

• Posted

It sounds strange to me. I would have it checked out though I know that is also scary.
  • Posted

Hi Jennifer this happened 2 me last week I'm 10 weeks post op total hysterectomy still have my ovaries I lay in bed 4 3 days this seemed 2 settle it down in went 2 my gp yesterday & she said it could be my vaginal wall & she doesn't think it's much to worry about but if it happened again I was to go back & see her I know what u mean with the pain it's horrendous & I think what makes it worse is that we don't get told what to expect I'm still in excruciating agony I think u should go back to your gp just 2 get it checked out but try & rest as much as possible also gd luck & I hope everything is OK

• Posted

Yes, it is scary! I feel as if I'm aching constantly. I have also noticed an increase in discharge and pain while standing for even short periods of time. No bleeding. I did schedule an appt for check up. Just want to make sure it's not granulation or possible prolapse! Thanks for the feedback, good luck to all with recovery. ?

• Posted

Hi, i want you to know i understand what you are going through. I had my vaginal hysterectomy 9 months ago and i haven't been well yet. Ive been to seveal Doctor's appointment complaining about this pain in my lower stomach. My doctor checked my Ovaries and Kidneys and they are okay. He did a urine specimen and found blood in the urine. I have been on antibiotics for 3 months and the blood is still there. My sex life is very painful and im constantly holding my stomach if i cough or have to urinate. I don't know if my bladder has dropped. I know in tired of the pain. A procedure that i thought would make my life better has been a nightmare for 9 months. My doctor referred me out to a Urologist to see if they can help me. The appointment is a month out!! I continue to Pray and ask God to help me get thru this pain. I hope you will find answers too...

• Posted

Hi misha,

I'm not sure if this message will be of any use to you because it's been a minute since you posted. Did you ever have problems with your bladder pre surgery? When you do get to see the referral doctor, see if having a scope is an option. It is not the most graceful method, but very helpful in narrowing down the culprit field.

• Posted

I'm sorry you ladies are suffering! Bladder, bowel and vaginal problems including prolapse seem fairly common after hysterectomy. Various infections including UTI's are also common. And it's difficult to get help...proper diagnosis and treatment. We end up trading one set of problems for a whole new set. sad

Best of luck getting answers and treatment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.