9 weeks and still battling. Any reassurance would be appreciated.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have just finished week 9 on 20 mg Citalopram. I can't say I have noticed a huge improvement other than slightly lower anxiety. I do not want to increase dose,but am curious to kmow how long it took for everyone else for this persistent grey cloud to lift. I am still feeling the low mood, lack of enthusiasm for much and fatigue. MY appetite has also taken a dive. Following my doctor's advice and sticking to 20mg for at least 12 weeks and longer if necessary. Please tell me if it took this long for any of you to get back on your feet. Thank you. Lee.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I do believe that's a good time to wait it out. In the same boat and it seems like forever. I hear time and time again it takes time. How long?!. Waiting to with you and keeping a daily log. Prayers to you and this group.
    • Posted

Thank you OreElect. How long have you been on Cialopram? Any better? Keep updating as you go along so we can all keep eachother inspired. Take care. Lee.
    • Posted

I didn't complete my story not wanting to make it long but had been on citalpram for years and had good success with it with really my only complaint was lack of labido. I was in an accident in 2012 and had a Traumatic Brain injury and started having seizures from that. After 2 years of growing issues found the citalpram interacting with the seizure med and weened off of and got on Fluoxetine. Some bad withdrawals doing that to quickly. Keep in mind for future and do your homework on that if you ever do. What I should have done was cut out 10% every 2 weeks from the dose I was on. Fluoxetine an SSRI but works differently and had alot of misery. I will add I also take clonazapam for sleep to so I'm not the norm. Bottom line is citalpram worked great for many years. My prayers go out for healing needed to get back to a joyful normal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.