9 weeks post op

Posted , 8 users are following.

well so far this I feel like i am going in and out of emotional tunnel , do remember this last year , but my friend said i did 🤔 .

Also i have been sleeping on op hip past couple days , but now get horrendous pain at top thigh / groin area (like a band pulling ) .It happens on walking as well as sitting or laying ???

Has anyone had same and know what it might be ??

Back to see Consulatant Monday , so will ask him ...just hope nothing to worry about 🙁

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm ten weeks TRHP post-op and it is absolutely an emotional roller coaster. It does get better with time and is not unusual. I do sleep on my surgical side, no pain, just some discomfort.

Good luck and hang in there!

Georgette

• Posted

Just remember this is a long recovery. Everyone is different in how they recover. I'm 17 months TLHR (anterior). I had pain in my operated side thigh for a year. I'm still not pain free, but better off than i was before surgery. It's a long process...you just got a new body part.

• Posted

i am nearly 7 weeks and start off ok in the morning but as the day goes on i develop quite bad pain behind my knee and in my thigh which makes walking very unpleasant .

not sure why ?

• Posted

hi Susan try using bio oil on your scar to soften it. I also had that problem and someone in this site recommended it and it worked for me but occasionally I do get a bit of discomfort and I'm now six months on.

• Posted

Google IT band. I was having similar pain that radiated from groin to hip to knee. Ask you doctor about it. Amazon does sell an IT Band Roller that may be helpful. They use it on me in PT and it loosens up the area that feels knotted.

Good luck,

Georgette

• Posted

yes!! very often this is IT Band or glut tendonitis. i find the surgeons don't get it like a good manual physio. acupuncture in the affected gluts solved this problem for me pre surgery. The leg pain was so bad i thought it was cancer but ended up being glut tendonitis. please pass the info along...knee, leg, thigh pain are often treatable when you figure out where the real problem is.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.