9 weeks post op and very disappointed

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi there, I am 9 weeks post op having had a laroscopic hysterectomy and anterior and posterior repair. Everything was going really well but have been back at work for 1 week (office job, so mainly sitting) and have a definite recognisable feeling of pressure down below. I am so fed up and so worried that the prolapse surgery has gone wrong. I suffered such uncomfortable feelings for 2 years, had an anterior repair last year that didn't work. I felt great post op at first but will be so upset if it's back again. My question is... Has anyone else had the same feeling after their op, maybe my insides are still settling down? I'm making a docs appt just to check but it's great finding this forum so I can chat to others in the same boat. Thank you

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Jo

I am 9 wks post tvh and anterior repair.

I have been noticing a heavy full feeling in the vagina sometimes when I walk around. This has scared me as its no 2 anterior repair through no fault of my own.

As some of the old members on here will know me well a couple of years ago will knowbi was extremely careful so I'm a bit paranoid now. I know through experience that this feeling is very common,it can take months to feel normal ish but I've booked to see my consultant to be sure next month. I haven't really studied myself down there much like before so I'll avoid using a mirror and leave my consultant examine me,as he knows what's what.

I knowbi have small stitches coming out so I pray its that and the healing.

I am very sure my consultant has done an impeccable job as he is a professor in the field, so hope my body hasn't let mne down. I have been soooo good though,not even driving yet or will lift a kettle. Take up to 12 weeks to make strong scare tissue, that many ladies don't realize. Keep me updated. Xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.