9 weeks post TKR

Posted , 15 users are following.

I was just wondering if anyone further along than me can say when they thought all the swelling had gone down. Maybe this question is a bit like 'how long is a piece of string' but it's just a question I have rattling around in my head.

My ROM and pain are okish now except I do get the RLS sometimes at bed time which is very annoying but compared to the pain in the first few weeks it's bearable.

0 likes, 89 replies

89 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had knee replacement surgery 12 weeks ago and my thighs are still very swollen is this normal
    • Posted

I only had swelling and bruising on my thigh for a short time after surgery. WHat did your consultant say at your check up?
    • Posted

My thigh isn't really swollen now at 6 weeks tomorrow post op - just the knee.  But I was warned by the surgeon that swelling can be up to a year, so expected it really.  Don't know about the thigh though.

• Posted

my knee is still swollen 10 weeks post opp but I've been told it can take up to 12 months so I'm not too worried. 

We have been through one of the most traumatic invasive ops there is so it's going to take us all months to heal completely 

• Posted

Never took much notice so it must have been minor. My knee is very noticeable.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.