9 weeks post TKR

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I'm 9 weeks post TKR, I'm due for a manipulation as my bend has been stuck at 45 degrees since I left hospital, I've been doing my exercises religiously but my knee just feels like a block of cement. I'm pottering around the house with just 1 crutch, but I thought I'd be brave and walk to the other side of the room to close the curtains with no crutches, my knee went from under me and the pain was excruciating, is this normal ? Does this mean something is wrong? I'm panicking as this whole journey has been an emotional and very painful journey , this site has been a brilliant help knowing we are not going through this alone and everyone's journey is different x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Try not to panic...the muscles are weak and every one is different.

Stick with support as you need it, no need to rush.

Are you seeing a physio?

• Posted

Hi Natalie

Are you having Physio; I was told the knee can give out and to be careful this can happen if we do not do our exercices to build up muscles. Chico Marx has an excellent blog with lots of superb advise on here. I’m at the same stage as you and have weekly physio. I also do exercices during the day which I hate; but do do them. Please let us know how you get on and very good luck 

• Posted

Yes I'm having physio plus hydrotherapy weekly, which I really enjoy, the only thing holding me back is the bend which I'm hoping the manipulation will sort it . I see my consultant next Tuesday, I do the exercises religiously, it really panicked me when it gave way as the pain was excruciating, I'm relieved to hear it is normal thank you x

• Posted

oh mercy, im so sorry.  im 6 weeks out and in much pain with rom of 70which isn't that good at this point.  pls keep us informed on your progress especially with if you have to have the manipulation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.