9 weeks post TLH

Posted , 2 users are following.

To make a long story short, I am 9 weeks post TLH. Recovery has been good except for the fact that my bladder has been off. I had minor over active bladder before surgery but since week 3, it feels like I have a bubble in my vagina that just cant pop. I have had a cystoscope but nothing was found. It also feels like i have urine sitting but it cannot come out. It's not urine retention because i have no urine left after peeing! It's a horrible sensation that no one could relate to! My own surgeon had no clue! If anyone has any insight, I would love to hear!!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Stacey,

I'm 3 weeks (today) post vaginal hysterectomy plus anterior repair. Though I haven't had the same procedure as you, I too have a weir feeling down there. The only time I feel relieved is when laying down. It is not a bubble feeling but sort of a hard little lump / ball to the right side and tender to touch when showering.

Last week I went to see the surgeon who checked and said its early days and everything is where should be and the feeling I have is part of the healing process but I'm still worried! I know I'm not being helpful to you but I thought I share it with you and who knows someone else might just have some insights for both of us! Hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.