9 wks post op

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all

Can't believe how quick the time has gone, I ve been up and down through the recovery but not felt like I do now. I m feeling quite depressed, don't know why though?

I thought I was slightly getting better, moving around a lot more, sleeping a little better and generally felt quite happy. But this week has hit me like a brick, I feel so 'down', weepy and quite 'ratty'. Anybody else felt like this? I thought my HRT was starting to work but not so sure now

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Im sorry you are feeling like that Gail. Its going to take a while for hormones to level. You've not been on hrt that long it will take a while. Im up and down all the time still. I can't believe im 4 weeks post op. If you get really low its worth checking with dr. Perhaps you need a higher dose or different type. We are all here to listen so take care xx
    • Posted

Thanks Froggy

I ve got to wait another 3 wks on this HRT to let it get into my system so my doc says. Never realised before the op that it's not just the actual wound and healing we have to recover from, it's all the emotional stuff too. Hope your recovering well x

• Posted

Hi. Because of my age The hospital gave me my hrt which I took from day 1 so I didn't have the sudden drop although still not the same as natural so im still adjusting. I think weather being warmer helps me as I suffer from SAD so having op done in this part of year has definitely helped. My main thing is im not on normal replacement but one that I have to take for 6 months and that is a steroid and half a stone just appeared on me in just a few weeks which is gutting. Im hoping when I can be fully active I can do something about it but getting feeling its not going to be that easy. Try and keep busy as I found that has helped me too. All the best for these few weeks to pass and hopefully settle down x
    • Posted

Hi Froggy

So sorry to hear you suffer with S.A.D.  My husband suffers with it badly too.  I have made him use his lamp at the moment as our sunshine level is down, and I can always tell when he needs to use his S.A.D. lamp.  

Aren't steroids awful for increasing the weight.  Still as soon as you are fully mobile again that should help the problem.

Love

Jacqui smile

• Posted

Hi Gail

So sorry to hear you are feeling so low.cry  Have you been eating lots of protein, fruit and veg?  Also a good grade multi vitamin helps, just until the HRT is  sorted.  Sometimes they get the level wrong or the wrong drug for you.   But a really healthy diet where you eat plenty certainly kick starts the body into action.  Your body has been through a lot so you need to boost your well being with lots of vitamins and minerals.  B12 plus all the B's are very important at this time, they boost how calm and able to cope you are.   Also get walking in the sunshine, the vitamin D3 you get from a dose of sunshine can really lift the spirits.  

I hope you feel better soon Gail, if all else fails pamper yourself top to toe and try some meditation, followed by a lovely treat.

I am off on Monday to see my lovely Surgeon (My Hero) for my 3 month check, can you believe how fast the time has gone!  (he wanted to give the bowel and bladder time to settle before seeing if they needed to be treated any further!) I have had my hair done especially, as I feel 30 years younger, I thought I had better look the part!  I will wear my leggings and mini skirt, now that should make you laugh!  Although everyone here on my retirement complex thinks I have lost it completely.  I just laugh and say I am having a second coming as I have been completely fixed!  

Love

Jacqui smile

• Posted

Can it ask what your bladder problem was. I am having to get up in the night to pee every 2/3 hours. I am nearly 6 weeks post op with no urinary tract infection. Wondering if this will settle down my Surgeon just dismissed it as a possible menopausal symptom. I can't take HRt yet as still have endremetrosis on my colon.
    • Posted

Hi. Ive got endo too and I was given livial as can't have normal hrt for 6 months I've been taking it 4 weeks and It has stopped any severe menopausal symptoms. If it perseveres id go to gp again. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.