9 years sober today. A milestone

Posted , 8 users are following.

Dear All,

Today nine years sober and proud of such an achievement. In my mind i have the thought that one drink is like poison and can kill me. Just the one drink not a good idea. I gave up after endless years of misery, lies, hiding bottles and had too much to live for. If I can do it so can you! I am always here to help anybody who asks for advice or guidance. Happy New Year to you all from Robin.

3 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Edited

Congratulations, Robin!

Always an inspiration. Always a help to others.

Best wishes for the day and I hope 2022 brings lots of health and happiness for you.

Joanna

x

• Edited

great testimonial . there is always hope. this is a deep down strength for us all to understand. congrats on your many wonderful years devoted to sobriety.

• Edited

Hello again Robin and well done! Yes, I am still battling the 'just one drink won't hurt' demon, but quite frankly, I am almost afraid of alcohol now. Sounds weird I know. All the best for 2022 from New Zealand.

• Edited

Congratulations, Robin. I have found your posts inspirational over the years.

• Edited

Well done Robin. In 20 mins (5pm) it will be exactly 15 years since my last drink. It hasn't been easy. Thank you for your support over the years.

John.

• Edited

Thank you friend. Amazing effort and you must be proud. 31st december 2022 will be 10 years since I had my last drink. Another great milestone!

• Edited

Hi Robin and The Toad

Sorry this is a bit delayed, but congratulations to you both on your achievements. Better late than never lol!

• Posted

Great to hear from you Vicky Lou. Family well? You ? I hope so.

• Posted

hi Robin

Yes all good here thanks. Grandparent duties keep me busy. Glad to know you're well. Your twins must be growing up rapidly now.

Take care

• Posted

Congratulations Robin!

It’s always good to learn about positive journeys. The first few days, weeks or months are the hardest when trying to quit. Would like to hear more about the struggles and how you overcame the demons during the early days.

• Posted

Dear Abhinav,

Thanks for your support. Read my reply 5 months ago on top!

Another drink is like poison!!

why are you here? What is your story?

hoping to hear from

regards Robin

• Edited

Hi Robin,

Good to see your posts again. You have helped me get through the odd days of 'just one drink won't hurt' over the last 15 years. Keep up the good work! Best wishes from a chilly New Zealand.

• Edited

Thanks again for yr support. Big milestone 31st Dec 2022 and 10 years sober. Zero alchohol champagne or red wine zero. Keep well my friend. Rgs Robin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.