95% herpes?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Saturday night I had sex after a long hiatus of 2 months. I've been with the same partner for just over a year and I've been tested for stds before and always been negative.

He is big for me and sex after a break always seemed to create some friction and irritation. Saturday morning I had a hot holliwood wax for the first time and even though the hot wax burnt at the time I didn't end up getting irritation on the day and I felt I was all ready for sex the same day.

Saturday night, after some rough sex with my boyfriend I went to the toilet and everything seemed to be swollen. My labias and, the entrance of my vagina and the skin between this and my anus was swollen. I put some cold water and I slept on it. I woke up with more sex, which was painful and we didn't so it until the end. As it was painful and I had a burning sensation I used sudocream on it from sunday and whilst putting it on the sides of my vagina I also out it on it and I suppose some inside.

My boyfriend has been sick with sore throat last week and it had got to me as well as I had a scratchy throat for days and on Monday it felt it was getting more annoying. I was taking tyrozets to manage the pain.

Monday night we tried sex again but after a while it was too painful and couldn't do it.

Whilst I had pain down there I thought it was a good idea to keep applying sudocream on and in it (I had never used it before and this occasion was my first time using it).

Tuesday was painful but nothing crazy as I kept using the cream and so Wednesday. In the meantime I still had sore throat and burning sensation and as I wasn't checking down there with a mirror I didn't notice anything but pain. On Wednesday evening I decided to have a look and saw I had a little spot which was pink in colour near the bottom part of my vagina' s entrance. I have quite full labias and these get often injured during sex. I kept putting the cream and it seemed to make it less painful. I just felt a general sense of tightness inside my vagina.

At this point i also had notice some yellow covered sores inside my vagina between the flashy part of it (under the clit and inside) and the inside parts of my lips (but not on my lips).

Thursday I went to work and once I got in I wasn't feeling very well and I was sent home. I had a light discharge that stained my underwear between yellow and pink.

I then proceeded to go to the doctor to get myself checked. He says my tonsils were swollen and when he checked me down there I said I wouldn't have been able to do an exam with a speculum as it was painful. He looked at it and thought it could be genital herpes. After giving him a urine sample he prescribed be some medicine for a UTI and told me to go and see someone at a sexual health clinic. (At this point he found I had a 37.5 fever). I managed to see a nurse and she had a look and she thought she saw the same. "95% is herpes, I'll take a swab and get it tested. In the meanwhile I'll get you some Aciclovir 3 times a day for 5 days and 5 metronidazole to take in a single course".

Since then I can't stop thinking about it.

Are my sores herpes? Could they be friction burns? Irritation from the hot wax or the sudocream I never used before? The cuts that burn seen to be the little sore on the bottom of the opening of my vagina as skin is pushed together there and urine passes over it when I pee. I've been constantly looking down there worried and I don't seem to see any change. That bit where the skin folds burns when I pee or sometimes when I walk and I've have a yellowish odorless discharge since yesterday (friday). Some very light blood sometimes coming with it. It's sometimes painful inside when I sit.

Is this a yeast infection because of the medicines I'm getting?

I've had no cluster sores or blisters. The fever went away friday. Tonsils are still white and swollen and I don't seem to have seen any additional sores forming. The sore attached to the opening of my vagina looks like skin has peeled over it and it follows part of the bottom opening..for about 1cm. I also have another sore (only looks like skin have been peeled off it) less than a cm up and 1cm down (between that region and my anus).

My relationship is on a razor line and I won't know how to deal with this if it will turn out to be herpes after my swab results will be in.

Advices?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have sent some pictures to someone who's been a dermatologist and worked with this kind if stuff too and I've been told it's most likely it is GH.

I am still waiting for my exams but I keep feeling like I can't live with this..

• Posted

My results came back today, positive to HSV 2.

I've done a lot of reading in these past few days and read that we are 79% more likely to show symptoms of HSV between 2 and 14 days after exposure, meaning only 21% of us (2 in 10 people) had it for years and never had symptoms.

I've slept with the same person for the past 2 years, how likely am I to have caught it from a previous partner and for it to have been hiding this long with no symptoms?

Whilst I am not concerned of the possibility of my partner's infidelity, because after all you can't stop your partner (woman or man) doing what they might want to do, I am more about thinking that perhaps he had it but he didn't know..or had misinformation over it thinking that you can only pass it when you are having symptoms.

Also I've read that symptoms on men can be a lot milder than on women, after all women have wet sensitive tissue down there and men don't have as much (My partner is circumcised), meaning they could have a couple of spots and think they are from shaving or from gym wear friction/sweat.

He has been sick with sore throat and fever a week and a half before we had sex. 2 days after we had sex he told me he had some spots on his shaft but didn't think it was anything concerning. We had sex that day and 2 days later I had my first blisters and pain. Do you guys know if any of this could fit in any sort of timeline regarding how I caught it and when or if I might have passed it to him?

Thank you for reading through.. hopefully someone might have some reply!

L.

• Posted

How are you feeling?

I'm not the most knowledgeable person on this forum to give insight as I'm still waiting on my results and in the last few weeks have only upped my knowledge on the subject. What I've read and a poster on my board did inform me that because I get cold sores it's possible* that my genital ob wouldn't be as severe. Does your bf get cold sores? Maybe that and what you mentioned regarding male stat's of ob's is a possibility. I'd be more likely to believe* he had it first and gave it to you. Herpes is a weird one but I would be questioning him (not accusing) him for sure. Hopefully you get some replies with more insight on the matter and I wish you well smile

• Posted

I agree with nora definitely sounds like he passed it to u..although ive had hsv2 for a long time and didnt know until i had my first ob in august.. ive been with my husband for 17 years so it was a huge shock!. But the time line does certainly fit to him passing it.. even sounds like a recent infection for him also. When they do a standard std panel they dont check for hsv.. so it coukd be either way

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.