99.9% sure there is something wrong with my breasts and I am so scared

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had such a good day today until I got in the shower and fell examined my breasts. IM not due on my period or anything. 

I have noticed that my left breast sags and it looks empty where as my right breast is larger, firmer and is full of hard lumps

I've taken pictures to make sure I'm not imagining the sagging. 

I'm terrified. I think I have breast cancer. Making an urgent apointment tomorrow but I just don't know how to cope until then. My mum has tried telling me it's just anxiety but no. I know my breasts. I took the photos to make sure it wasn't all in my head but I'm not blind and I can feel that they're both different. 

What will happen at doc appointment? Any help would be really appreciated x

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Justine, try not to worry till you see your GP. Your GP will examine your breasts for you, if they suspect anything they will send you to hospital for biopsy. Try to relax and get a good nights sleep. Good luck and best wishes for tomorrow.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

Hiya....

Please try and calm down it might be nothing I had a scare a few months ago and my anxiety made it alot worse.

1st of all how old am you? And 2nd of all when u see the doctor she/ he will examin your breast and ask you questions about your periods then if he/she will send a referral to your nearest breast clinic and they will then send you an appointment through the post within 2 weeks so please try and keep calm about it otherwise it will send you mad for the next few weeks. 

Take care x

• Posted

Hi really sorry you are feeling so worried, the best way to cope with your aniexty is to remember that this is new to your body and with that in mind if it was anything of concern your Doctor will have it dealt with promptly. 

Every women's body changes throughout the month it may just be you haven't cheeked them before at this point of the month. I know only too well the worry of waiting for a doctors appointment! Find some calming sleep/meditation music from YouTube or such like, clear your mind and try and get some sleep!

Sending positive thoughts x 

• Posted

Hi Justine, 

I was in the exact same position as you but I can promise you that what you are describing is 100% normal no woman's two breasts are alike and breast tissue is meant to be lumpy, this is what my Dr had explained to me after I was experiencing alot of breast pain and was too anxious to even examine them myself. Now I feel alot more confident checking them because I know what is normal for myself as I'm sure you will once you get peace of mind. 

I know how nerve wracking it feels to wait for them to check but honestly hun I feel you will be 100% ok. Get yourself a lovely cuppa and do something you enjoy to take your mind of it until you know for sure.

*Hugs* I hope this helps ease you a little ♥

D xo

• Posted

Hi, thank you for your comment smile

I booked an urgent appointment for today because I couldn't sit around and wait. My GP examined my breasts and has also realised that one is bigger than other and that there are 2 lumps in my right breast but the same lumps are in the left they're just smaller. He THINKS it's just Toadie and to go back in a few weeks to be checked again. 

Not feeling too reassured by his 'thinking' sad xx

• Posted

Awk that sucks when Drs say the word I think...you can always get a different opinion from another Dr if you are not happy and still in despair. Are they sore? The lumps I mean?

Usually it might be cysts or just sore breast tissue as a result of some contraceptive pills due to changes in hormones.  I found evening primrose oil really helped with the soreness if that's what you may be suffering with as well.

I really wish I could offer you more comfort as you shouldn't have to feel like this sad 

*hugs*

D xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.