9wks today post op

Posted , 6 users are following.

First of all happy new year to you all. I’ve found this site soo helpful it’s nice to know you’re not alone. We all heal at different speeds but surely by now I should be walking better and pain subsiding do you think my osteoporosis has a hand in my very slow recovery? Seeing my consultant for the first time tomorrow will see what he says x

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Happy new year to you  suki just ask your consultant when you next see him it may be a factor. I'm 14 weeks and I'm still taking cocodamol 30/500 and diclofenac because I still get pain and I don't have osteoporosis. I see my consultant again this week and I'm hoping to go back to work in a couple of weeks, I'm just starting to get my steps up, at work they have told me that on a normal shift they do 10,000 to 12000 steps per shift so I'm working my way up to that x

• Posted

Hi Snoozy you’re doing well with your steps I just walk around the house and find that hard I haven’t walked outside yet I’m too scared I’ve been using a wheelchair because even though I do my excersizes my leg is very weak. I didn’t know I had so many tears. Ah well new year new knee xxx
  • Posted

Suki,

I sympathise with you.  I see posts where people are doing so much better than me and it is discouraging.  I can't take inflammatories in any form.  12 weeks out and still a lot of pain and swelling.  Foot and ankle feel and all the muscles on the back of my leg feel really damaged.  I felt sick most of the time and was losing too much weight and weaned myself off a lot of pain killers but I am so sore it is hard to cope.  I could not handle another knee replacement for a long time. 

• Posted

Still early days! In fact I would call up to 6 months early days for a TKR! The knee is the largest weight bearing joint in your body and has been sawed! It has its nice new surface but it takes time to heal. If we broke a bone in the leg we wouldn't expect an quick recovery but somehow, maybe because we chose to have this operation, we somehow think it will all be over in a few months?

Your recovery isnt slow I dont think. Will be good to seem the surgeon and see what he says.

Try not to worry and be patient. It will happen at its own pace. Try and listen to your pain and adjust what you do accordingly.

Best wishes!

• Posted

Hi - it took me 5 months post op. before I could forget the pain and start to walk normally with confidence, and minus stick, and forget all about it.    You will have to be more patient, it will come

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.