A Better Beta Blocker and Statin

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello, I had a heart attack in 2001 and was given Metropolol. It gave me severe side effects one being depression the other fatigue.

I proactively researched this and found a more cardiac specific beta blocker called Bisoprolol. While there is still some fatigue it is far less. It tends to be more expensive but I highly recommend those interested explore this option.

Regarding statins; after more proactive research I have landed on 10mg of Rosuvastatin. This is after extensive experience with the popular others. I was initially given 40mg, this put me on the floor unable to get to the bathroom with back pain.

I have just recovered from a highly strained gluteus medius. The pain of this was an easy 10. Recovery was stalled. I stopped the Rosuvastatin and I am nearly fully recovered and the pain improved in about 32 hours after discontinuation. I feel so much better on the whole I am very reluctant to reintroduce it at any dosage.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.