A bit confused

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi, 2 years ago was awarded dla def, and received a letter from the job centre to fill a capability for work questionnaire.anyone got this??? Thanks

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Firstly you're confused. You don't fill out a capability for work questionaire with DLA, this is for ESA. If you're claiming ESA because you have a limited capability for work then everyone is reassessed from time to time. Awards for ESA are never indefinitely and max awards are for 3 years. Im guessing you claim ESA because you don't work and are in either the WRAG or Support Group? If so then you'll need to fill this form in like the first time, send evidence to support your claim and return the form before the date on the letter. If you don't do this then your benefit will stop. It's highly likely that you'll be sent for another face to face assessment where you'll be assessed for ANY type of work. Hope this helps.

• Posted

l think you are talking about the ESA form as yes sadly the vast majority of us have had to fill that form in as well.
    • Posted

I'm right there with you, I've been disabled for 25 years, middle rate of care highest rate mobility, now I waiting for my PIP decision, I was change over from Incapacity benefit to ESA in January(so I though it's been granted just changed the name) Oh no I've now got a form to fill in with that looks like the same questions that are included on the PIP form. Now if you have 2 dept. asking the same question that appears to me as very expensive which is maybe why Disabled people are being penalised by this Government. I now have the utmost respect for Ian Duncun Smith in quitting because he did not support this treatmet of disable people

• Posted

I completely agree with everything you say, but if you look at the criteria for both they're completely different. ESA is for those who have a limited capability for work, or who are unable to work. PIP is for those who struggle in daily life, some even claim PIP and work. I had a review for both last year. I wish they would compare notes but because they're completely different they don't, sadly. I'll have another review for ESA in November been in support group for 4 years, nothing has changed but last review i was kept in support group for just another year. Crazy that they make us go thru this all the time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.