A bit disappointed

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been on the tablets for two weeks now. I've worked out what I can have fat wise without getting the dreaded side effects. Ceral for breakfast, soup and yogurt for lunch, chicken or fish plus veg for main meal. I haven't been having my usual binges on biscuits and sweets either. However I am a bit disappointed with my weight loss. I lost 1 pound the first week and two the second. I know any loss is good, but I have been trying really hard to cut back and lost more than this in a couple of weeks on weight watchers.

I have alot to lose (7 stone) so hoped for more. Maybe my body will 'catch up' - has anyone else had this experience? I've been on so many diets and lost a couple of stone and put it back on ten times as fast as I took to lose it.

Still a loss is a loss. :?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

i think some people have experienced a slow beggining on the loss, something to consider is that when you initially begin to loose weight you loose it quickly then it slows down, have u come straight from loosing weight with weightwatchers onto orlistat or have you gained weight between trying the 2 forms of dieting?

like you said any loss is better than nothing, even if u only loose another 2lbs a week for the next 2 u will have lost half a stone in a month which is great smile have you increased your exercise, to make weight loss fully effective its recommended that a decent amount of exercise is done along with watching what you eat

good luck smile

• Posted

I am exactly the same I have 7 stone to lose and have been on the blues 2 months also doing slimming world I never lose more than 1.5lb a week despite doing everything right. My slimming world consultant seems to think it is because i ate pretty healthily before so havent had to make any drastic changes
  • Posted

Nothing succeeds like stamina and remember it took us years to pile it on.

I set myself a target a half stone ahead at a time as I found the mountain too daunting when I looked up at the whole thing last March. I say I will get to the next target because it is just a few pounds and surely I can do that. At 1.5 pounds a week that is just 5 weeks and it probably took at least that to gain it. If you stop after that next half stone, so be it....but commit to that at least.

This method of dealing with the scary mountain has worked really well for me, and when I get to my half stone target I will have lost 7 stone. I will then decide whtether to recommitto another 7 pounds, but won't think about that now.

• Posted

well put RR - very motivating. I've lapsed a few times - pressure of being a teacher got in the way of my goal. I'm committing to loosing 7 pounds. Woop smile
  • Posted

well put RR - very motivating. I've lapsed a few times - pressure of being a teacher got in the way of my goal. I'm committing to loosing 7 pounds. Woop smile
  • Posted

:D Thanks for replies, especially RR, thinking about losing half a stone at a time is a really good idea. I lost two stone with Weight Watchers - took over a year - but only 4 months to put 12 lbs back on! I had started eating fairly healthily again so the low fat diet isn't too much of a change. I think my trouble is I want it all to come off in a week!!!! (Anybody got a magic wand??)

We lost one of our much loved dogs in May and that was when I started comfort eating again - and put the weight back on. We have another pup now - she is nearly 6 months old so she is going longer and longer walks, not as far as my husband and other dog - they go walking for three hours every day. I intend going out with them sometimes (not every day - he'd drive me mad) after Christmas as I shall be redundant then and haven't got another job yet.

I've made a record of my measurements so I can keep an eye on inch loss as well. I want to get some more off before the end of the month so I don't finish the year heavier than what I started it!!

Thanks for all comments - I'll keep \"publishing\" my results!! XX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.