A bit scared to start sertraline

Posted , 2 users are following.

have to admit im a bit apprehensive to start sertraline. i realize there will be side effects but after reading some of dr google posts, im scared. just need some support knowing im doing the right thing.

updating: took first dose of 25mg last night. is it possible to have side effects already? i feel brutal!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi! First of all you should be proud of yourself for facing your fears and starting it, its a big step. I was offered it a year before I actually took it as I was so scared of the stories and side effects I had heard but it is by far the best decision I ever made.

The turning point for me was when my anxiety was so crippling I couldn't even enjoy life and it was controlling everything I did and knew I had to do something and I couldn't feel any worse than I did already.

Everyone is different so our experiences could be different but I wanted to put out a positive experience.

I felt effects soon after starting too, I was fortunate to only suffer from some nausea for a week or so but otherwise I was fine. As the weeks went on this cloud lifted and I could be present and happy and actually enjoy the little things that I couldn't before when I was too consumed with anxiety. It's literally given my my life back.

I've been on it for almost 2 months now.

Good luck and I hope this has helped in some way!

• Posted

Hi Danielle. Thank you so much for your post. I have to say I am feeling pretty rotten right about now. I've put a call into my dr. to see if this is normal. I guess it is. But how much do I have to endure? The nausea is 24/7 and dizziness. I guess not sleeping well has something to do with that. I will try hard to keep going. Thank you again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.