A bubble bath

Posted , 12 users are following.

hi....10 weeks post op and think it poor the lack of information for practical timescales we are given.....thank goodness for internet

so........when has anyone got in bath tub???? its what i really misss...a big, hot, bubble bath 😁😁😁

0 likes, 22 replies

Report / Delete

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Margaret,

I think it was around 6 weeks for me, but boy was it awkward getting in and out! If you feel okay with the concept of getting in and out, go for it!

Good luck,

Melanie

1 year post THR R lateral, awaiting referred revision. consult

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

HI Margaret

I was told to do whatever I am comfortable with, the internet is very useful but I wouldnt take too much notice of the things you can do. Everybody recovers at different speeds some slower than others! I am able to get in the shower and like you would love to get in the bath with my bubbles and candles, but i would be scared to get in the bath in case I couldnt get out! unless you have someone there to assist you if you did get stuck! I am on my own so cant take any chances, I would hate to slip and undo all thats been done! I am 73 which is not like being 53 however i did go to a spa the other day and managed to get in hot tub, getting in carefully and had to be assisted getting out. Please be careful I would ask your physio or doctor first take care

Cyndey

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I miss my baths to, even shower is over the bath. I am going to try shower soon but dont think I can risk a bath just yet. I am just over 7 weeks.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

me too and l think i managed at 5/6 weeks leading with non operated leg and holding onto basin as it beside bath.....oh the joy as up till then it had been flannels in the sink the old fashioned way hahaha ........good luck xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

THATS NOT GOOD PLEASED I HAVE SEPARATE SHOWER. I was stying at a hotel recently and shower was over bath so i used showers by the pool and sauna BE CAREFUL

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I think I actually barrel-rolled out of the tub, skittered on all fours with op leg extended to the dry part of the floor, and pulled myself up. A lake on the bathroom floor after, but Swan Lake it wasn't! So worth the hassle!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I will, I will only do it if I feel comfortable as surgeon still doesnt want me to to bend or twist still. I actually got towels on the floor this morning and used the hand held shower just to get the feeling of using the shower!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Margaret,

Have you managed to have that bath yet??

I finally got a step to get into the bath, so I could use the shower. Then I found eventually I could get down into a bath tub of hot water and bubbles!!!

Ann

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

In the UK here, but I think we are advised at least 6 weeks, longer if the wound doesn't heal well or if you have small holes where staples are removed.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'm also longing for a good deep soak. I was given a bath board which was great for showering - mine is over the bath. Following advice I also bought one of those non slip suction mats. Not very elegant to look at but works. i had a small grab handle fitted so I'd feel safe when standing. Definitely recommend all three items. Now just need to pluck up the courage to lower myself into the bath!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

you have the same as me exactly and like you hoped to pluck up the courage! its going to be a while now thats for sure having my second hip done next week LOL

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up