A burn feeling in my bladder, no burn when I pee and don't urinate more than I should.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm hoping someone can say they've been through something the same or can maybe help me with what it is. For about a year I had a few UTI's, cystitis etc,I was in and out of doctors constantly, just got sent away with antibiotics all of the time, it got to the point where I just had a constant urge to pee but it didn't burn when I went and all tests were coming back all clear but I felt very on edge about it, it really destroyed my life in all ways, work, relationship, social. I eventually got referred to a urologist as there just seemed to be no explanation for what it was that was wrong, I then got put in for a cystopsy. Once I had this done after about a week of having it done these symptoms of needing the loo all the time just vanished and they've been gone for about a year and half, I finally got my life back and literally had 2 times of where the feeling got bad again but it was down to stress I think, all fine up until about a week ago where it started again, that same burny feeling in the bladder but no burn at all when I pee and I don't feel like I urinate more in the day than I should and I don't get up in the night to go. I've had it every day and it doesn't seem to leave all day, constantly on edge worrying about it getting worse, I'm avoiding sexual intercourse with my partner again and avoiding anything good in life to be honest, work is the worst, I panic about getting worse and having to leave and go home. Ive been to my local walk in centre and I've got no infection so I've booked in at the doctors for a weeks time to talk through it with my doctor AGAIN, but I was just wondering if anyone could help as I really don't want it taking over my life again. And I know once I go to the doctors they will just send me away with no answers again :-(

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I just came from a Dr. for the same symptoms...I was diagnosed with Overactive bladder and prescribed a medication that is supposed to help.

I was told that things like coffee, tea, yogurt, spicy foods, onions, tomatos, etc..aggrivate this condition...everything I eat and drink!  So she gave me a prescription.

I think you need it.

• Posted

Yeah I avoid anything like that now, all I drink is water or low sugar drinks if I fancy a break from water. You'll have to let me know how the medication goes and if it works. It's something I could mention to my doc when I go.x

• Posted

I have been in a very similar position to you for the past few months. My only difference is I haven't had a UTI since 2006.   Early this year I started with a feeling of pressure, I think on bladder, but no pain.   Then I got cystitis symptoms.  My blood and urine tests were clear with no infections.   I was put on overactive bladder medication and it made it a bit more difficult  to urinate and in my case it didn't really help.  I had an ultrasound and it was fine.   Sometimes I feel as if my bladder muscle is "tight" and  urine flow is slow.   It varies during the day.   I put it down to stress  but I also think I had an infection even though the tests were all clear.   My pelvic muscles feel really tight.

I changed my diet beyond recognition and I don't know if it was that but I did get better a few weeks ago. It was a slow process and it took a few months.    I think my bladder was "burned" due to my previous acidic diet.  I looked at it like an open wound with salt getting put into it.  Changing my diet was a NIGHTMARE.  I was so strict with myself and I hated it.  I couldn't keep it up and slowly started to introduce some "normal" food.    Things went well, then I overdid it and ate too much rubbish and i've got the pressure feeling again and also sometimes pains in my side and groin which are classic signs of UTI.   It is very confusing.    I was at the Doctor last week and put in yet another urine test.   I hope so much I have an infection because if I haven't I don't know what the next step is.   

What I found did help was to open 2 Marshamallow Root capsules and pour them into a mug of hot water.   Lots of people find that useful because they are supposed to "coat the bladder" and  also  taking a probiotic and an omega fish oil.    I also found putting a pear in a blender with water was gentle and helped.   

I agree with Ashleigh.   I think it might be worthwhile watching what you eat and I would guess your Doctor will want to try medication for overactive bladder.   

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

• Posted

I've had this for months now, I have the odd day when I'm feeling better, but next day it's back. I also had a year or more of UTIs. I had loads of anti biotics and now I am wondering could have caused this bladder pressure. Ivechad an ultrasound and mini camera now I'm having a cystoscopy next week. My doctor thinks the results  will come back fine, so what is it, it's ruining my life! I'm 68 and the last couple of years have been terrible for me. ??

• Posted

Polly

I'm so sorry you are not feeling any better.   Since February i've changed so much about my life.  I only wash "down there" with water, use plain toilet paper, I dont use liners, I wash my pants in washing machine once with sensitive washing liquid then again with just water  so there is no residue left on them.

When I was at Doctor last week he was wondering if perhaps I had a kidney stone.   I started to get pain in my side, hip and groin for the first time  so it could be, or it could be a UTI that i've never had cleared.  I was at dentist today and got my offending tooth out.   As I've always suspected, there was hidden infection left in my tooth even though over the months i'v had 4 lots of antibiotics and 3 root canal treatments.   I don't understand why that infection has never shown in my urine or blood tests.   My sore tooth started at the  exact same time as  my bladder problem.   It will be interesting to see that now my tooth infection has gone whether my bladder problem will clear. 

Depends what my urine test says as to where I go next.  I've had ultrasound so perhaps it will be CT scan to see if they can find a stone "somewhere"

I do think stress/worry makes my problem worse but it's hard not to be stressed when you don't know what's wrong with you.  I was feeling better but i've had a relapse.   

I really hope things go well for you next week and you are given an answer.  I would have thought you would have already been put on overactive bladder medicine.     That's what I was put on for the feeling of pressure.  It didn't help the pressure but it did clear the stabbing pains I was getting in urethra.      It does work for a lot of people with pressure but not for me.     I just don't understand why so many of us have similar problems, albeit with variations, and there doesn't seem to be an answer.

Take carexx

• Posted

Thank you for your kind words, I really hope you will feel better very soon.

Ive had  a good week until yesterday, but I'm a bit stressed at the moment and my camera test is this afternoon!?? I'll be glad to get it done, it's the last thing I can do now, I've wondered if stress triggers it and spicey food! If it proves there's nothing actually wrong, which neither my doctor or myself think there is, what, just what causes this feeling??? There are so many women with this problem, which being on here has proved, that I really don't understand where it comes from! All ages too! Good luck all of you! 

• Posted

Polly

I am thinking about you.   Yes stress definitely triggers problems.   I've asked my Doctor this.    I'm totally confused about my problem.    I had pressure on my bladder for months, then somehow it got less, then came back and now it is a bit less again and i'm not on any medication.    I don't know where I stand.   I've had ultrasound recently and it was ok and it is too soon to have another.  I thought it was perhaps getting older but there are people both  younger adn older than me on here with similar problems.

Take care and good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.