A couple of days ago I overstrecthed to reach something and had an awful searing pain in the lower

Posted , 5 users are following.

left side of the abdomen. Ever since I have been passing blood in my wee and have rectal bleeding, no pain since. I am worried it's not constantly bleeding seems to be just when I wake up. I am a 53 year old lady who lives in the uk

I know I should probably go to A&E but am very worried and not sure what to do.

I know your not doctors, just wondering if anyone has ever done this before.

Many thanks in advance

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

  • Posted

    I'd go see your doctor or out of hours service or something.  That's sounds wrong. Good luck in getting it sorted. 

    • Posted

      Thank you Sam They are closed till Monday couldn't have happened at a worst time for me, I am getting an MRI on my spine and pelvis on the 18th of this month, then I am moving to a new bungalow on the 28th sad  not sure what to do as I dont bleed during the day, just when I get up.

      Thank you for your concern and reply.

    • Posted

      The doctors may be closed but a and even aren't.  I wouldn't leave that it sounds wrong to me. 

  • Posted

    Re:  the MRI scan;  you don't say what this is for.  My guess is that the incident that you have just described may be related, and that in over reaching, something has become displaced and caused the bleeding.  I agree with other members, that you probably trot along to A&E as you do not want to run the risk of an infection.  In the meantime, I wold drink plenty of water, probably a quality bottled water is best.  But do either go to A&E, call 111 or your surgery's emergency number.  Try not to be afraid and put things off.  I suspect that it may be related to the above in some way.  Good luck, don't worry, but take action.

    • Posted

      Thank you Tallulah

      I will be phoning 999 shortly it's strange as I dont get any bleeding during the day, just on the morning when I get up rolleyes never known anything like it.

      The MRI is for my spine and pelvis as I have osteopsorisis and dodgy bones lol.

  • Posted

    Hi yvonne470

    I would imagine that you will be referred to a Urologist if there is blood in your urine you may have a kidney infection that is causing the pain...rectsl bleeding if bright red could be anal fissure or heamorrroids...go to A and E or as you said ring 999 for ambulance service..you can't wait 'til 18th Sept..you need to be seen now incase you do ave an infection and need antibiotics...best wishes...

  • Posted

    Just a quick update rolleyes I went to see my gp yesterday and he has reffered me to a gynaecologist as he suspects gynaecology cancer. I am worried as he has fasttracked this appointment so that I will be seen within the two week window sad

    So if any of you ever get these symptoms please don't be embarassed to go to your gp like I was. The earlier its caught the better the recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.