A couple of days ago my labia started to itch ,before i go to the doctor ..does this look normal?

Posted , 3 users are following.

i hadn't been sexually active for about 3 weeks .

could my itching & discomfort be coming from a possible std? or is it normal for the labia to itch and look like mine ? Opinions please..

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Could be a yeast infection or bacterial vaginitis. Sometimes sleeping with a new partner can to an imbalance of good and harmful bacteria that are normally found in a woman’s vagina. It can upset the balance of bacteria in the vagina. I would definitely go to the doctors and get a panel of test done to make sure it’s not an infection. I don’t see anything wrong with your labia.

• Posted

Looks normal to me. But itching is not normal. Starting to have sex or starting with a new partner can cause thrush (yeast infection). Do you have any thick / milky discharge? Also - did you use protection?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.