Skip to content

Vulval Problems

Also known as Itchy Vulva, Pruritus Vulvae, Vulval Intra-epithelial Neoplasia (VIN)

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Itchy vagina lip

I previously posted thinking it was herpes but my test has come back negative. Although it’s not constant, it’s very regular but I have an itch on the inside of my righ vagina lip. There’s no pain, discharge or even lump or Mark. There has been a lump once, maybe twice but most times it’s just …

Posted
  • How I cured my vulvodynia

I see so many posts on here about constant or provoked vulva pain that I thought it might be useful if I explained vulvodynia and how I cured mine. Vulvodynia literally means vulvar pain and is a condition of the nerves in that area. The nerves have become hyperactive and hypersensitive due to …

Last reply
  • Small bump on vagina

I am a 16 year old female and quite awhile back I noticed a small bump located on top of my left inner lip/labia, close to the vaginal opening. I can grab it with my 2 fingers and pull/stretch it upward. It does not hurt, but it is occasionally itchy. I know it is not sexually-transmitted, as I …

Last reply
  • Can vestibular papillomatosis stop your period ?

I’ve been diagnosed with Vestibular Papillomatosis a while back, in July. I’ve had my period while I was diagnosed but during this month I’m late on my period. I normally have irregular periods so I don’t want to freak myself out but Ive recently had pretty normal periods that come on at the …

Last reply
  • Any help on how to reduce this severe itching?

I have posted in Lichen Sclerorusus group before weeks ago.  I was referred by a practising Dermatologist/GP to a Dermatologist  before seeing a Dermatologist 4 Drs suspected I had Lichen Sclerosus. She insists it’s vulval eczema although what she said doesn’t add up to what the signs …

Last reply
  • GenitalWsrts or Vestibular Papillomatosis??

Hey so I recently went to the doctor to be checked about these finger like projections on the side of my vag lips. She said it’s warts but they don’t have the appearance of warts at all. It looks more likevestibular papillomatosis and I did the vinegar test to see if it turned white and it changed …

Last reply
  • Please Help

I Had Sex With a Mexican next day I start feeling weird i’m having lumps and ingrown hairs . White Discharge . Any words on What it might be 

Last reply
  • Vulva irritation that WON'T GO AWAY! HELP!

I'm at my wits end! This all started in December a month after I had my FIRST yeast infection. I had a pretty bad reaction to Monistat 1 that caused swelling and burning. I went to gyno got a diflucan and was cleared up within a week.  I was back to having sex (comfortably) and feeling …

Last reply
  • Extremely itchy vulval and anal area for 6 years

6 years ago I had a terrible itch start on the right side of my labia majora. It spread to my anal passage and has plagued me ever since. It bothers me constantly! I scratch so much it bleeds sometimes, and it's like I can't *not* scratch, because of now desperately itchy it is. I have …

Last reply
  • Vulva burning and soreness

Had vulva biopsy done recently.  Showed no cancer or infection.  I was taking bioidentical hormones for 2 years.  My new GYN advised me to stop taking them since I do not have night sweats.  I also am dealing with incontinence.  I was taking Myrbetriq for a year but had to …

Last reply
  • one side of labia is suddenly bigger than the other????

basically one side of my labia has suddenly grown a lot bigger than the other, and i'm not sure why/ want it to go back to normal. i'm 18 and have been finished with puberty for a few years now, but this is a very recent thing. sometimes it is uncomfortable and irritated, but not always. …

Last reply
  • Severe itching for years.. warning picture

hi all, ive been dealing with this for years ... negative for  all yeast strains/stds .. the only thing that gives me temporary relief is Clotrimazole .. today I saw my vagina looking like this .. not the first time ..  anyone else experience this ??? I have a doctors …

Last reply
  • Sore vulva turns into raised line of skin fold?

I went to a walk in clinic doctor about a month ago with an extremely sore vulva on one side, on the outside edge of my labia minora and down to the edge of my vagina. He said he didn't know, but maybe lichen sclerosis, gave me a steroid cream and told me to see my own doctor in a week. My …

Last reply
  • Burning in Vagina and Anus

Five months ago I took Augmentin for a sinus infection. A few weeks later my vaginal area started to burn, then the perineum and the anus inside was burning. The gynie said I had a yeast and bv infection and gave me flagyl and diflucan. My infections went away but not the horrible burning! The …

Last reply
  • I’ve had these bumps for about 2 days what should I do

I’ve only been having sex with my boyfriend until I was at his best friends house and him and another man took advantage while I was under the influence I don’t rennet much of that night so I never made it a big deal it’s been well over a week and i noticed that my vigina was itching and I looked …

Last reply
  • Vulvodynia due to pelvic misalignment

Hi ladies, Recently I did an xray for spine and pelvic as suggested by a chiropractic and physio therapist.  The result shows there’s a pelvic misalignment and this maybe the cause of my vulvodynia that irritates the pudendal nerve and hypertonic pelvic muscle. I just started to have …

Last reply
  • Extremely itchy vulva and anus

Hi, For about 6 months I've been having a non stop itch on my vulva. So bad to the point that I wanna cry. I can't stop itching! I've tried everything and seen the doctor too many times where they probably think I'm crazy. At first it was a fungal infection, then a yeast infection …

Last reply
  • Plz help me!!STD: Herpes, warts or other? After unprotected sex

Hi all! I’ve had unprotective sex with a new sexual partner a week ago and three days after that I woke up in the mid of the night with extreme vaginal itching.  The itching has been going on and off for three days and I suspect that my vagina is growing some bumps/blisters. I’ve had two doses …

Last reply
  • Itchy, raw, vulva, nothing seems to

I suffered with vulva problems for 7 months. I promised myself that if I got to the bottom of the problem, I would share the answer with the fellow sufferers on the internet, since I myself spent hours reading in the hope I would find an answer. I hope this helps someone. My story; 7 months ago I …

Last reply
  • Vulva Burning- Drs at a loss. Help!!

For 7 months I've had constant vulval burning and soreness. At first thought it was UTI or thrush, was treated for both with no improvement. GP said it looked like eczema around urethra/vestibule and prescribed betnovate as general HC cream hadn't worked. Seemed to have a bad reaction to …

Last reply
  • Vulva Biopsy

Hi, I received results from my Dr. regarding the vulva biopsy.  She told me there is no cancer, infection or eczema.  She said it is hypersensitivity and to continue to use the Clobestol steroid gel.  I still have burning and soreness on the left side of the vulva.  I also have …

Last reply
  • Constant redness

ive been having constant redness between my labia minora and labia majora. When i spread it this picture below is what it looks like. Clobetasol seems to make the irritation go away. I have an appt on wednesday ... in nov i tested negative for bacterial and fungal infections. My actual vagina …

Last reply
  • Lichen Sclerosus?

I think I have Lichen Sclerosus. I have researched the symptoms I have and the photos and diagnosis seem to confirm this Basically I have these small pearl white spots all over my flaps. They appear about a couple of days after shaving and only disappear once I've squeezed them. they're …

Last reply
  • Vulvar Biopsy

Can any members tell me if they used anything for itching after biopsy?  I know itching means the sire is healing.  My Dr. just told me to keep the area clean.  I am using a peri bottle to cleanse after urination.  Thanks.

Last reply
  • Painful lump on clitoris hood

Hi i am looking for a bit of advice since I have been researching this one and there doesn't seem to be much on the net about it. I noticed a few days ago that I had a small hard pea size shape lump under the size of my clitoris hood. At this time it wasn't painful. Its now at least 3 times …

Last reply
  • Constant burning and sharp pains for 8 months

I posted this in the Neru theard but now I'm going to post it in here I first thought I had herpes but test after test has shown I don't have any STDS. My doctor told me since I have a weaken immune system it would be impossible for me to not show symptoms so that gave me some relief (in …

Last reply
  • Minor Vulva Pain, Please Help!

Hi all, I feel like I've been on here a lot lately but here goes!!  So, I was treated for a yeast infection three weeks ago after a doctors appointment where I was diagnosed on the spot. I took three doses of canesten, but the symptoms (which for me was pain and no itching) took a full …

Last reply
  • 3 months.... I’m so over this

To make a long story short I’ve had vaginitis and anal redness and soreness for 3 freaking months. No breaks. No medicine has worked. I’ve tried everything. Probiotics included, taking vitamin d, tried a diet change but didn’t stick with it. Worsens during my cycle near my period. Been diagnosed …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.