BALL at entrance of Vagina. HELP!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Greetings all, firstly I want to say that I'm 23 and a virgin. This past year Ive discovered this ball at the entrance of my vagina and its causing me great anxiety. I tried doing my research and came across Bartholin Cyst or perhaps a prolapse of some sort. I know the easy answer is to go to the doctors but my fear comes from me never having an object of any kind inserted into me and although it made sound silly, I'm scared.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

don't worry it'll be cured. Visit doctor ASAP

• Edited

According to me it's Vaginal cyst that infected by the normal bacteria found on the skin. It has discomfort while walking or inserting anything in vagina that cause pain it might be bartholin cyst. There are various type of cyst. So doctor can predict more than me. And as your picture is blur i also look like your cervix opening

• Posted

If it doesnt hurt, itch, or get bigger it is probably your hymen. If you are a virgin and have this fear, then Im guessing you have never used a tampon and your hymen is unbroken.

If however it changes in a way that seems abnormal to you then do see your doctor. Explain you are a virgin and have this fear and he/she will probably just look at you and not do an internal examination. Ask to see a lady doctor.

• Posted

Hi, thank you for your advice!! Yes, my hymen is unbroken. I know all vaginas look different but the "ball" shaped thing seems more like a mass; I could be wrong but I believe my hymen is below that mass where there is thinner skin. I made my first appointment to get it checked out in a couple of weeks and I will for sure use your advice and explain my situation

• Edited

Update just so I can possibly help anyone going through the same thing.

I went to my first ever GYNO appointment in which the Dr. reassured me that what I'm looking at is a hymen tag that some women have but is completely "normal." Thanks to all the feedback I got. God bless.

• Posted

hi ronny how big was the ball ? i have something similar right in the entrance of my vagina but its pea sized.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.