Constant red irritated vagina, please give some advice

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello,

i have had an inflammed vulva now for around 4/5 month its on and off but very annoying the GP keep saying thrush but the tretament does now work! any advice welcomed imageimage

thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

just to note picture 1 is when i tend to touch the area and pull it out to check, the second picture it when i leave it alone

• Edited

What have you been using to treat it?

Is the color and texture of your discharge the same as usual, is there any abnormal scent to it?

I would do a 7 day monistat and only insert the cream before bed at night until the medication is complete (cream has to stay in until the morning) If its still irritated after that then wait a few days and get swabbed to see if it's something else like BV. Also, do not douche at all.

The monistat should feel like its relieving your symptoms if its yeast. If its not relieving the symptoms then its probably BV or something else. Have you been tested to rule out any STD?

• Posted

Hi Jane

I have been fully sti tested all negative! it comes and goes the irritation, the discharge can be creamy/white its more the redness and it will sting but will only last a few hours if it does flare its just on and off, i did wonder if it is dermatitis or LS

• Edited

Does it burn when you urinate? It could be a bad UTI or a bladder infection but that would burn mostly when you urinate.

It might be BV coming and going, or the start of you getting an infection and your body fighting it off.

Is it happening after intercourse? Could you or your partner be throwing your PH off somehow?

It sounds like reoccurring BV to me, some people don't get all the symptoms. Something is causing Vaginitis and if its not yeast or a STD then it's probably BV. I would ask the doctor to be treated for BV and then abstain from sex and see if it clears up.

LS would be around your labia and possibly anus too and I can't see that area from you picture but if your outer lips aren't irritated and discolored and your clit isn't in pain then it's probably not LS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.