I HAVE NOTICED THESE BUMP TYPE THINGS ON MY VULVA, THEY ITCH SOMETIMES BUT IM NOT SURE WHAT THEY ARE

Posted , 30 users are following.

imageimageimageimage

2 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Next
  • Edited

is this the first time u noticed them ? .

• Posted

File size is too bigam thinking it might be VP you can google it i have the same and my obgyn said it normal . do you have any unsual vaginal discharge

• Edited

can u plz help..me ..I have same condition and unusual white discharge.. no medicine is helping from past 2 years..plz help

• Posted

Hello MEHVISH32135 I have same condition and also unusual white discharge since 2 septembre this year. The nurse did a citology by mistake. And 4 days later, I have the unusual white discharge and the bumps. I didn't have sexual intercourse in my life. So, I don't know what it is. The gynecologue will do a biopsy next year. I am afraid of that biopsy. Sorry, my english is not perfect.

• Posted

Hello Guest. I have these bumps of that picture and an unsual vaginal discharge. Do you have any unsual vaginal discharge too ? Thanks.

• Edited

they look like vestibular papillomatosis which are a benign type of tumor on the vulva. they are harmless, not spread by sexual intercourse and there is no treatment (well, there is expensive cosmetic surgery). Consider them like moles on the vulva. men get them too, around the head of the penis called pearly papules. I think they are very common there have been many many posts on here of women worrying about them. i have a few, have had them for years.

• Posted

but they itch, and i heard only older women get them & i am 16

• Edited

no, they can happen at any age. others have reported that they sometimes itch.

• Posted

hello, I would like to know if you still have vestibular papillomatosis, I have had it for almost 1 year and I would like to know if there is a chance that they will disappear...

• Posted

My understanding is that they never disappear. I think expensive cosmetic surgery can remove them but I'd rather not have anyone cutting me up down there.

• Edited

I personally don't think this is warts, I also think it looks like VP. Are you sexually active/been active in the past?

• Edited

I really highly doubt this is warts/hpv or anything sexually transmitted! Women of any age can get VP, ive had it since I was 19. Don't worry ☺ Go to the doctor if you can though so they can put your mind at rest. None of us are qualified here. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about though!!

• Edited

also, VP can occur after a yeast infection so that could explain the itching.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.