A dumb thing

Posted , 4 users are following.

I did a dumb thing this morning. I forgot to take my meds at bedtime. This morning I decided to take my morning meds AND last nights meds together. I ended up taken all at once 4 blood pressure meds. I dearling paid for it all day with a blood pressure at 101 over 53, headaches, very shallows bbreathing and disorientation. My question i this; does this significant reaction.....even though dumb of me .......signal a condition that I should bring up in a ck up with my heart Dr. I have soon.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You should never take a double dose of meds. In fact, it's quite important to take them within a hour of the same time every day, for the best benefit.

Yes, call you doctor. And for future, set alarms in your phone, watch, bedroom clock, whatever you have around. Your life could depend on one little pill. 

• Posted

You are so right. For a while I really though i was on the way out. It is amazing what one little pill can do. I will not do it again.eek
  • Posted

Please don't do that again.... For 5 days before my EP study I had to stop taking Flecainide & Bisoprolol which I'd been on for 5 months and this made me very anxious. Luckily in that time I had no noticeable symptoms.Looks like your reaction was due to the double dose but do get it checked out. If you do miss a dose just continue the next dose as soon as possible - the side effects of a single dose of some of this stuff are bad enough!

Good luck

• Posted

Actually Kristi18883 has said it all for me.  Especially the setting up of alarms etc.  This should have been explained to you by the Doctor or Nurse.
  • Posted

Hi David,

I am not sure . but i do know if you miss a dose, you should not double up the next morning..since my botched ablation, my blood pressure has been very low 90/64 & 96/68 etc [i have my own machine to do this]..i was on 4mg of candisartin, but because of the low reading  i have self reduced the dose to 2mg & its now much better at 120/76 [ish]

hope this helps a bit

graham

• Posted

Yes, it helps. Today my BP was 101 over 70.getting back  to normal range. I won't doule doses again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.