A Farewell to a Young Girl, of 14 - Very Touching 'Freak' Accident.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am hoping I can post this article just to let all my friends know, and the girl was a friend my own daughter, also aged 14. It is always difficult time with funerals, but when they are so young, it really hits us hard. My daughter only spoke to Emily the day before the accident, she was so shocked when she heard what had happened, in less than 24 hours later!

The accident was a freak one, and should never of happened, but I would like to share her funeral and farewell with my friends, on how well she was liked by all her friends.

Links to our local newspaper, and all the coverage from her funeral this morning.

'She was the perfect daughter' - Emily Gardner's parents pay heartreaking tribute

Mum Debbie and dad Clive have paid a tearjerking tribute to their much-missed daughter Emily, from Gloucester.

Read more: http://www.gloucestercitizen.co.uk/perfect-daughter-Emily-Gardner-s-parents-pay/story-26547124-detail/story.html

Emotional farewell at funeral of Emily Gardner at Gloucester Cathedral

Family and friends, including hundreds of fellow pupils from Chosen Hill School in their uniforms, attended the service.

http://www.gloucestercitizen.co.uk/Emotional-farewell-funeral-Emily-Gardner/story-26547728-detail/story.html

The Funeral of Emily Gardner at Gloucester Cathedral in pictures

Final farewells paid to 14 year old Emily in emotional service

http://www.gloucestercitizen.co.uk/pictures/Funeral-Emily-Gardner-Gloucester-Cathedral/pictures-26547698-detail/pictures.html

Regards,

Les.

--

To the moderator: I do not mind you removing this message, if it is breaking any rules, I have told many of my friends on here, but not her funeral being today and how big her sad farewell off was.

3 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Dear Les,

I address you first but really this is an apology for all of you. I have been neglecting you and others who have come on this forum and to the discussion groups that I was wont to view and to make my contributions. I had become rather emotional delicate as a result of the stresses over the past 12 months and there was a little incident that was the proverbial last straw and tumbled me into the ditch broken back, metaphorcally and all.

It took my friends on this forum and my GP to get me out of the ditch, wiped down from the slime, dried off, dusted down and eventually set on my feet. None of my local friends knew anything about this, the labour was entirely the burden of a few from the forum. 

Once on my feet I was very cautious and hardly dared to contribute and deleted hundres of adviory emails only scaning the brief opening details that were before me. During that time I became active on the poetry site that Georgia had introduced me to. By posting my little poems there I gradually rebuild some confidence and I believe I am at last approaching normality. I hope I will again contribute to the discussions as before. My interest is wider now than formerly as can be seen from my profle - interested in the Depression Group and the Osteoporosis Group as well as my former ones.

That said, I am glad to be back. I now know I have been away. it just did not feel like it at the time. So thank you everybody. Please take this as affirmation of the value of the forum working at its best. thank you very very much for being there for me and all the others too, you included Les. We are only here because we are needy.

Many thanks George

• Posted

Hi George,

No need to apologise, my friend. I have done that before - I had ton's of emails per day arriving from this site. In the end I unticked the various groups I no longer wanted notifications from.

Poetry, that is one thing I have never conquered in my life, never been able to get my head around it. It was one part of English I avoided like the plague, it was just a part that really did not interest me. Anything else I was fine with, well apart from Cookery, got stuck in that for an Option, that was boring, I but Physics down and ended up in that!

Still Cookery was fun, flour and egg fights with the girls, used to make our day. lol

I been thinking all evening how to put this movie together... well, I could use a Powerpoint and run it as a presentation, lasting the full 5 minutes.

I got a picture of Emily and enlarged it, created a scenario where she is seeing white doves flying around her, and the bright light in the clouds (denoting heaven)... designed clouds, and white roses symbolizing innocence and purity of such a young girl. Perhaps, I should keep it to the same pure and simple, and not make it complex.

But on doing all that, the image gives off a pure image on its own, and as it is I would not hit copyright issues, for the picture.- I was going to add music which was played at the service "Angels" by Robbie Williams. Nothing was spared in Emily's farewell, as many people are saying around here they have never seen such a huge coverage of one girls farewell...

Wrist bands were sold at the school and funds sent to 4 charities.

• Posted

Thank you Les, that is kind.

Your ideas for the video sound very poetic - in pictures. Hope it works out well.

• Posted

welcome back george...from a newcomer.

clearly you have been missed !!

have been enjoying the banter here from this right old mix....!! and our various owned conditions to which I add mine. speak soon.

may we have the benefit of a poem or two from you? xx

• Posted

Doc ~

I do understand where you're coming from as you know I've been dealing with far more than I'd like...it is what it is.  But writing to you shows me that we are all here to help one another either on purpose or by mistake.  Either way it's showed me that it is unconditional to which I really appreciate that as I'm sure others do as well. 

I've been away for geesh, I have no idea how long.  My eyesight is always the problem.  Sjogren's disease.  It's extremly painful and at it's peak, very hard to see.  This isn't going to get any better, either.  I just pray that I don't lose my sight...I'd be lost.

So, just popping through to say HI to all of you who do know my writing and hope to continue back for as long as I am allowed (eyes).  

You know something, while I'm thinking about this, I'm going to start a discussion for people to (if they are comfy doing so) stating what they are suffering from.  It would help  me as well as others, I believe.

Anyway, love to all of you

Frustrated

• Posted

Dear Frustrated

Glad to see you back here. i am sorry it is at the cost of considerable pain. Years ago I head several bouts of iritis. That was sore enough an made reading very difficult.

Love to you all. I hope I will stay in the saddle this time. 

Today there is a blue moon so a poem on the sucject follows. 

Doc aka George

• Posted

Long, long ago Grod's heart did swell

With ardent passion great and fell

In love under her beauty's spell.

He loved her well. He loved her well.

Fair Roza's heart beat without fear

Since her hero Grod had his spear.

Yet there in her eye stood a tear.

She loved him dear. She loved him dear.

Grod courted fair Rosa with charm.

Jealous Sassoon caused her alarm.

So Grod with his spear did disarm.

They ran from harm. They ran from harm.

Relief from Sassoon they found none.

To the mighty Sun they had run

For his wisdom they would not shun.

They asked the sun. They asked the sun.

O Sun help us free of this blight.

He gave Grod a flare that is bright.

Grod faught a great fight with new might.

Suffused with light. Suffused with light.

Now Grod at a time opportune

With kisses his  Rosa festoon

And to lovers he sings his tune

In a blue moon. In a blue moon.

AN  A monotetra poem  - word count 6 stanza of 32 words = 192 : Prompt ;

On July 31, 2015 there will be a Rare Blue Moon, I want you to write me your Legend, Myth, Magic and Folklore. posted on  AP. Friday, 31 st July 2015 the day of the Blue Moon.

• Posted

Hi Frustrated! I haven't been in much either. About your eyesight; my eyes sting sometimes and I use Eyebright as a herbal tea and Witch Hazel water to dab on them with cotton wool to refresh and sooth them. They both help a lot.

Love to you

Georgia

• Posted

Hi Georgia!  

Nice to be back for as long as I'm able.  Thank you for that info on Witch Hazel...I will look into this.   It's unfortunate that I am deeper into the Sjogren's that anticipated.  With Sjogrens, one has feelings that there is always something in the eye...such as pieces of fine wire, which has scratched my cornea before.  I could go into several more things I've felt in my eye and my doctor says that's the Sjogrens.  As it gets worse, the symptoms get worse and the feeling of something in my eye gets worse. Sjogrens also is extremly dry eyes.  And, I'm saying to the extreme...where my eyelids stick to my eyeball.  It's an awful affliction and I don't wish anyone to have this.

Witch Hazel, funny you said that.  If I recall, witch hazel has many uses.  It's almost like a cure-all.  When young, my grandmother used to say things like if we had a bug bite...use witch hazel it'll take the itch right out of it!  And, either mind over matter, it seemed to do just that.

I use a liquidgel daily sometimes times an hour.  I use ointment at nighttime so if that feeling of wire comes while sleeping, my cornea is somewhat safe.

So, thank you again, for sharing your ideas with me.  I truly appreciate it.

Warm regards,

Frustrated

• Posted

correction: sometimes an hour ...it's supposed to read, sometimes four times an hour. eekbiggrin
    • Posted

You're welcome; I know my eyes would be much worse if I didn't use Eyebright tea and Witch Hazel. Seeing as Eyebright was named for the eyes it must be very healing for them. As I said I drink it as tea but I expect you could get it as tincture to take as drops in water too.

I have several herbs that I just can't do without and they're two of the important ones.

• Posted

Hi Les ~

I just took a look at Emily's photographs, she sure was a beauty.  Her smile is contagious.  So sad she left our world at such a young age.  Do you believe it's true that "only the good die young"?  I believe it to a degree but I know we all have our own work to do here and then our time will come.

So sorry that you and your family had to go through a difficult time and I hope your daughter is feeling a little better today.  One day at a time.

Anyway, thank you for sharing.

Love to all,

Frustrated

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.